Hire Status

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetster

I recently resigned from a corporate job where the boss was unbearable and am currently doing some contract day work. I have 1800 hrs. PIC in 20 series Learjet and 600 in Sabre 65. Typed in both as well as Hawker. I am sick of the schedules or lack of schedules required when working for these type of owners. I have 2 kids and don't want to miss seeing them grow up. Don't mind flying 20 days a month or so I would just like to know which 20 they're going to be. I am starting to seriously consider the fractionals for these reasons. I will have to absorb a huge pay cut initially but am willing to do so all things considered. What is the real situation with the fracs hiring status'? Is there a chance to actually get on with one right now and which one if so. Does the pay get good at some point?

“Gutsy move Mav," things must have been really bad at your old company. Did you "burn the bridge?" You may be asking to return soon.

I see you're new to this board. I'm sure you've already read through many of the other threads. Did you read what "Flexpilot" wrote in another thread? He just quit Flexjet.

Time to get brutally honest...what do you think is going to make your resume stand-out from the other thousand resumes those companies already have on hand, your type ratings? I'm sure you've got contacts, because if you don't, forget it. I don’t see you planning to attend Aunt Ester’s reunion with a Frac either. All for $33K, sign me up. I find it ironic that you’re electing to be a contract pilot. Talk about not knowing your schedule. I guess you can pick and choose as a contact pilot, unless it’s your only trip for the month and the bills are due.

Spending time at home and being a professional pilot is an oxymoron, unless you are very high on some seniority list, or a chief pilot. I too am faced with the same dilemma. Part of me wants to fly around the world in a 747, another part of me wants to see every little league game. Do you wait until the kids are grown before you start an entry-level flying job, with college bills, I don’t want to do that.

Good luck, we’re all counting on you.

p.s. What company did you quit.
;)

I think i will go to construction

Man! You are depressing! I too am an out of work corporate guy. I am flying a few contracts, working out of the industry, even thinking of going back to flight instructing till things turn around but I am no way near the doom and gloom of that last guy!

Sorry to hear about the job change, It is a bummer of a time right now but at least you did it for the "right reasons". No suggestions from me on finding work. The fractionals look promissing in a year but right now it is just a waiting game.

Keep plugging away! It IS who you know!

Latest resources

Back