• Watchers 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

210FR8DOG

Does anyone have any insight as to why the regionals don't update their websites with new higher minimums since they have "thousands" of resumes to choose from? I always hear that their "real" minimums are 2500/500 or whatever. If this is the case, why wouldn't they just change it on the website along with "Please don't apply unless you meet these mins" to slow down the paper pile growing to the ceiling.

PS- do nasty freight-trash-hauling-thunderstorm-pokin'-bottom-feeder-dogs like me have a chance with 3000/500 (500 coming REAL soon) and no contacts? I'll gladly wear the little suit and I'm workin' real hard on my manners!!! But I think I'll keep wearing my dirty socks under it all to remind me where I came from!!!

God bless and fly safe,

Jeff

Nope..........no way! You have no shot in the world! Keep flying freight!

>>I always hear that their "real" minimums are 2500/500<<

No,,, the REAL minimums are 1200/200 (or whatever), but the COMPETITVE minimums are much higher due to the high supply of pilots / low demand of jobs.

what?!!

What are you sayin' C? I ain't got and never gonna get no manners?? Or am I too ugly to fly in public during daylight hours? OK I guess it's freight4ever4me!! You better come see me in BNA, you know where we are.

Jeff

Ugly? You? Naw!

Nope..........I dont know where ya are. I try not to go near airports too often. The planes scare me to death!

The only reason that I can think of for leaving the mins in place is that if they have an outstanding candidate or perhaps a military guy 2000 rotor and 1000 FW. It also leaves the door open for a ramper or mech that has proven himself already.
Some of the low time applicants are sharp and deserving and some of the guys with 8,000 TT and 4 types have some drawbacks.
Flexibility I guess.

It goes both ways, depending on the state of the industry. Now, in times where there is little to no movement, a company posting minimums of 1000/100 may not even look at anyone with less than 2500/500. However, not more than 2 years ago, the same company with 1000/100 minimums was hiring every 500-hour pilot they could find. Like BAILOUT said, supply and demand-- it dictates everything.:cool:

Latest resources

Back