Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

murfdawg998

CHAMP, HERE!!!
Anyone on the board have info about this aircraft?? Price tag?

Performance-wise, comparable to what aircraft?

Cross the Atlantic non-stop?

How expensive to operate??

What do owners have to say about the aircraft? Etc.

Thanks a lot in advance!

BAE-1000

Being one of the few still flying the mighty "Hawkersauras", I will tell you it is a great plane.

It can go to Europe non-stop from NY. Its systems are simplier and more advanced than the 800xp. The pax love the three person couch. It is a real three person couch with room to lay down and stretch out. It was just built several years ahead of its technology.

I would worry about a maint. plan with guaranteed costs per hour. Also worry about parts availability with Netjets retiring their fleet. I do not believe Raytheon will provide the same level of support. Also, RVSM is a big issue. It can go a long way, my record is 7.0 at 0.75M, but will it be able to do that in RVSM airspace.

Overall, A great plane in today's market. Just a unique ride that some find comforting and some owners worry about.

Hawker 1000

I have about 3700 hrs. in this airplane, my experience is the owners love it. Similar to an 800 in performance with a little more range and quite a bit more baggage space. Flys like a kitten, although love's the runway. Only had to stop once on a BOS to SMO trip with 120+kts. on the nose the whole way. Still made LAS with 45+ minute reserve. Can be pretty glitchy, but I can't imagine feeling much safer in an airplane. Had one semi-emergency in 5.5 years of flying it. (Pressurization problem at altitude) Overall, I have really enjoy operating the aircraft. Expect to pay 8.5m on the used market is one number I've heard, at least for Netjets aircraft. New they were 13.5m. $250,000 to get rvsm qual'd.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back