Hawaiian Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjhawk

I am just looking for some information on the airline when they start hiring. What is the Jr base (HNL)? What are the schedules like there? Are they commutable? Do the majority of the pilots move there to make QOL better? If so is real estate still as expensive as it was 15 years ago when I lived there while in the army? If commutable are crash pads all on the beach-kidding

I am just looking for some information on the airline when they start hiring. What is the Jr base (HNL)? What are the schedules like there? Are they commutable? Do the majority of the pilots move there to make QOL better? If so is real estate still as expensive as it was 15 years ago when I lived there while in the army? If commutable are crash pads all on the beach-kidding

They have been hiring for a few years now with more to come (they just hired 12). Near as I can tell they plan on about 50-60 more this year, All HNL based with a very small base in SEA. Real estate is quite a bit more expensive than it was 15 years ago. Yes, we have quite a few commuters, some outer island and some mainland, it can be done. All applications are taken on line. Good luck, it is highly competitive. That doesn't mean it can't be done though. Hawaiian will probably be hiring off and on for a long time. We have more Airbuses coming than 767's going and will be using them for Asia and mainland points east of the west coast.

Dan, thanks for the info. I will look for the window to open so I can get my resume in and in teh mean time I will just keep building PIC on the CRJ at Mesaba. What is reserve like at Hawaiian? These questions I am asking are the same ones my wife would ask as the QOL not only effects me but my family too. Thanks.

Reserves vary from some months only fly a couple times to sometimes you might fly 10 14 days. If you like Hawaii, being on reserve is not a bad way to go. Plenty of call out time and the schedulers are easy to work with.

Good luck

Is Captain McBride still the System Chief Pilot? I stop in about once a year or so (while on vacation and also on a couple of trips that i've had out there) and drop my resume off to him (if he's in his office he usually comes out and greets me).

Latest resources

Back