Has anyone gotten a call from EK?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

Just curious if any of the people that went to the road show has gotten a call? I am refering to the people that were told they would get a call in two months or less. I am sure they are still working with the people that were given dates at the shows but just curious if anyone else has been contacted.

I applied and was on the not-terribly-exclusive short list prior to the IAH session. I received an email last week notifying me that I am in the interview pool, that I should be getting a call in the next week or two to schedule, to contact this person back if went longer than two weeks, etc.

My understanding is that the supply and demand curve has swung in the favor of EK and that they aren't quite as hungry as they were even a couple of months back. By the IAH session they were stipulating 2000 hours in 55 tons or larger, now I hear it's 75 tons or larger to get an interview off of the short list.

I had an LCA at UAL who put in a rec letter to their friend at EK who is in the hiring department. I got the email directly from him.

Hope this helps...

W8N

Got offers to interview with EK and EY... keep it! I'm not ready to move down there for 3+ years to even get close to the upgrade that is critical if you want to make a living in ex-pat flying..

Then why did you bother to apply??

I had just lost my job at Skybus and obviously wanted to cover ALL basis... I since got offers far better in the Ex-Pat world so I nixed those right off the bat as they're non-commutable. I told both of them that the reason I'm nixing the interview is over lack of commutable schedule. Chinese and Indian companies are allowing for both commute and a good bit better pay.

Moot point now since I've landed a decent job here in the US.

So:

1. you're independently wealthy
2. you don't really have to work
3. you like to school airlines like Emirates and Etihad
on their commuting policies
4. you've had plenty of better ex-pat offers
5. you had a perfect MD-11 type ride
6. and just landed a decent job in the US

and drumroll please..................

7. you're laid off from SkyBus

did we miss something?

Last edited:
So:

1. you're independently wealthy
2. you don't really have to work
3. you like to school airlines like Emirates and Etihad
on their commuting policies
4. you've had plenty of better ex-pat offers
5. you had a perfect MD-11 type ride
6. and just landed a decent job in the US

and drumroll please..................

7. you're laid off from SkyBus

did we miss something?

No, that covers most of the important points. Thanks for the recap.

btw, are you stalking me... I didn't cover all that in one thread! ;)

also... the reply from Kevin Tate at EY about the lack of commute was "most of our pilots would love to see this, as would I. Maybe if more qualified applicants turned down interviews like you they'll change this policy, but for now we don't allow for it"

So consider this my give back for my few months of bar dropping at Skybus ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back