Has ACA lost funding?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rottweiller

OK before the flamers start, I am not taking a dig at anyone but the question i pose could have far running implications for a lot of people. Intro done here is the question.

Yesterday at ORD talking to a couple of ACA pilots about the whole scheme of things they mentioned that in light of the ruling by the judge ACA issued a memo (either by e-mail to the pilot group or some others means not to sure), that funding for future RJ's had been withdrawn. This was due to uncertainy about being able to meet payments due to a lack of UAL commitment. Aircraft 80 (I think it was) would be delivered on 5th March and that would be the last under current funding.

Is this so?? If so it could open the gates to those who already have aircraft and willing to under cut ACA, AWAC & Skywest as UAL seem intent on increasing RJ size, lowering costs but in turn they are not giving those currently involved any idea or commitment. How would the 3 current UAX carriers get more aircraft under these terms? Who would lend money with no idea if they can be paid back?

ACA hasn't lost any funding, they will just have a harder time aquiring the financing they need for the new airplanes currently on order. No decision has yet been made as to whether further deliveries will be made or deferred.

If I were the managment of ACA, I'd be negotiating with another carrier and DUMP UAL before they dump you.

A 60-day notice to terminate feed for UAL would be a nice start.

Delta or NWA could use the RJ's.

We already are. We spent $1M to buy back the ACJet operating certificate a few weeks ago which allows to codeshare with somebody else.

Skywest is making some moves to cover there butts already

"Skywest Airlines (USA) has sold 15 CRJ200 to CIT Strucutred Finance and has leased them back"

eaglefly said:
If I were the managment of ACA, I'd be negotiating with another carrier and DUMP UAL before they dump you.

A 60-day notice to terminate feed for UAL would be a nice start.

Delta or NWA could use the RJ's.

No, DAL cannot use anymore RJ's. We are already up against the scope limits for DCI flying. They can't afford to get systemwide flying to pre-911 levels (DCI flying counts), or they will have to bring the furloughed mainline pilots back.

Latest resources

Back