• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hanging with the Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm....didn't say that....projecting much?
Just pointing out that neither is NJA, despite the FACADE you guys love to project on here....
There are positives and negtives to both...you guys just like to downplay the negatives or PRETEND they don't exist...
THAT's the point.

Can you tell me the job that is the "epitome of the piloting profession" and how to apply?

NJA isn't perfect, but it's the best job I've ever had and I'm happy to be here. That's the general impression that I get from most of the pilots I meet here.

Thanks in advance for the lead on the perfect job.

You guys say pretty much what I figured.

At my company, I can't imagine a pilot plopping down in a passenger seat and starting a conversation. Most conversations with the pax are at the FBO or on the ramp. From time to time, we do go back to talk to them briefly and professionally. If they want to chit-chat, they generally come up front.

If I need to go to the back to prepare my lunch, or make the long journey to the rear lav, I ask passengers if they need anything. Usually, it's a "no thanks" and I go back to my business. Occassionally they have a question or two. I've never sat down in back when airborne, and don't envision any reason I would.

FWIW

With the Captain's permission, yes. Happens all the time. Ironically, it's frequently the nervous flyers that like to sit up front.

Hey SIU

It seems like most of the NJ guys were questioing youre action on the basis of longevity.

Alot of NJ guys encouraged you as well (I did).

Only time will tell. I know your enjoying your first Mid Eastern summer. I know it's gotta be hot there now!

I'm happy with what I have. The Airline Cpt that is applying with Netjets is not. He is tired of moving up the equipment list only to be propelled back.

I had a buddy that had a class date with us. He turned it down for a higher starting pay flying helicopters and jets, no idea what his health benifits were, or his garrunteed days off? This was prior to 2005 contract and IBB.

We tried to tell this guy, but he wouldn't listen. He was a military guy and didn't know squat about the civilian side.

Whatever decision you make is right for you. You are the one that has to deal with it one way or another. The guys giving you hassle had your best interest in mind. They had nothing to lose by you going "East".

TAke care, Semore

By the way, if anybody knows anything about Tom Landrys flight department, I would like to find out what happened over there? Please PM me.

Ok I'll bite.

I've conversed with the pax while flying. Very few, as in rarely, are interested in what you've done that day. Conversation is limited to less than say 3 minutes usually during a trip to the lav, stretch, or getting your crew food. I wont hesitate during a non-critical phase to brief a DVD player, simple chat, or find something for them. Get a grip, it's part of serving the customer, but always in the interest of safety which we all do each and every day.

Flying for the customer is challenging. Just tell them to "sit down, I'm busy," if you are.

In the mighty beechjet we get 50/50. About half of our pax will talk to you until you bow out. Maybe we have the "regular Joe" millionaires. Or maybe I'm just a helluva guy who everyone loves talking to:laugh:
Whatever the case, VOR you can HAVE your airline job and stab at us all you want, but having been on the other side, I'd quit flying before doing that again. No job is perfect, but its a lot easier to be happy here.

Last edited:
I saw a (HH) Diamond Elite in the airline crew lane the other day.... guess he wanted to get his massive toiletry kit of liquids and gels through!!!

The airlines must be good for something!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back