Guarantee interview with Allegheny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Henrsd28

dude you are VERY COMPETETIVE... Keep your head up and do everything you can to get a leg up and make connections!

Raa & ALG

Our director of training at ALG is part owner of that RAA flight school that is why they can offer an interview. It is just a selling point for those thst are just starting out and do not know any better. As far as ALG going tits up don't bet on it. Even with the pay cut we took you still make better money than 90% of the other regionals out there.

Type rating

Originally posted by Henrsd28
I have almost 1200tt 550m and 200 jet and a can't even find a job as a 172 captain....ha ha.. sometimes life suck
So true.

But, I like your 200 hours of jet turbine and your 550 of multi. 550 of multi is good multi time. Instead of forking up the money for RAA, why not fork it up at 1500 hours for your ATP and Citation type? $4K should cover a good portion of a Citation type and ATP with Mike Pappas.

Usually, type ratings aren't worth much unless you have time in type to support it. In your case, you do. Maybe with an ATP and a type rating on your resume you can make it all mean something. I realize that these days 300 hours to go for an ATP is a long ways away, but it's just an idea.

Re: Raa & ALG

Dash 4 cash said:
As far as ALG going tits up don't bet on it. Even with the pay cut we took you still make better money than 90% of the other regionals out there.

like what?

Well, I did receive 2 recall letters from Allegheny, and since I was almost at the bottom of the list I must assume that everybody was recalled?
The second Airline that I recently received a tentative recall schedule from was Continental Express...it looks like May or June of next year before recalls begin, for my senority number. I'm not holding my breath!
I now Fly for Caribbean Sun Airlines...love the people...love the place...love to say I work there!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my fellow pilots.

dv01"Well, I did receive 2 recall letters from Allegheny, and since I was almost at the bottom of the list I must assume that everybody was recalled?"

NOPE, not everyone... still waiting I was #2 from the bottom

Latest resources

Back