Great Plains dead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydog

What's the latest o Great Plains? Last I heard was of the training class being sent home during training. Any news from current Great Painer's?

Two line pilots furloughed mid-March. COS closed to run AUS service. Rumors abound about receiving 328Props soon, or AvroJets, or the 4 jets originally scheduled, or any combination of the above. Deep in debt with various payment deadlines popping up and so far they've come up with money somehow I guess. No communication from management whatsoever, so who really knows?

Last edited:
So what it sounds like is that if they are able to secure financing, which would allow them to get more aircraft, they'll continue. I guess I'm basing this on the fact that if someone gives them money for financing more planes, they assume Great Plains will be around to pay it back......

That's sorta the deal. Supposedly there's a good chunk of cash in escrow that will be released in the event that new airplanes are acquired (assumption: new airplanes lead to profits), thereby allowing continued operations. But this is basically hearsay. I know nothing.

Hi!

I can confirm they're not dead yet! I just heard one last night with Ft. Worth? center while flying down to TX.

The buffalo logos are cool!

Cliff
GRB

Great Plains is still doing some of our (PSA) C checks on the Dork's. They still have some cash coming in as a result but there is only 2 airplanes left after they complete this one.

They were doing Air Whiskeys planes as well, but have comleted all of theirs. After they finish with us, who knows.

Swaayze, I assume the 2 new Dork Jets that were on the ramp last month are still sitting there and not in service, meaning you are still operating the original 2 aircraft for normal line ops???

The 2 new aircraft were moved to OKC a few weeks ago. 2 jets operating still.

The maintenance company is doing great. C checks (for now) and contract maint. for SWA and I think UAL, and talking to others in TUL. Unfortunately they can't carry us forever.

I saw a news report last night indicating that a private financing deal is near and 5 new airplanes (sounds like the prop rumor) are coming. Sounded like a done deal. We'll see.

Latest resources

Back