Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great News!! Flight Options Has Been Bought!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right you are.....

H.I.G. Capital to Acquire Flight Options Thursday, October 25, 2007; Posted: 07:05 AM

H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a leading global private equity firm based in Miami, Florida, announced today that it is acquiring Flight Options LLC from Raytheon Company. Terms were not disclosed.
Flight Options, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is a leading private jet aviation company that operates a fleet of 130 luxury aircraft to provide a full suite of services to businesses and high net worth individuals. The Company currently serves its customers primarily through fractional ownership programs and its JetPASS pre-paid card plan. In 2007, Flight Options also began offering aircraft management services - complementary offerings to better leverage the Company's aircraft fleet and operating infrastructure.
Flight Options has earned a reputation as a leader and innovator within the private aviation industry with programs that emphasize customer service and flexibility. The Company provides its personalized service to owners and members from airport and FBO locations across United States and has strategically located service and maintenance operations in Cleveland, Ohio; Las Vegas, Nevada; Sacramento, California; Teterboro, New Jersey; and West Palm Beach, Florida. Flight Options' current fleet consists of a full range of aircraft types, including Hawker 400XP, Hawker 850XP, Citation X and Embraer Legacy models. The Company is also an industry leader in private aviation safety. Flight Options is the first fractional provider to implement the FAA's Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) for its pilots and maintenance professionals and the only fractional provider selected by the FAA to partner and participate in the development and implementation of the next generation Safety Management System (SMS), soon to be required for all air service providers.
"H.I.G. demonstrates a commitment to growth and excellence that mirrors Flight Options' own values and approach and we look forward to working with them to further grow the Company," said S. Michael Scheeringa, Chief Executive Officer of Flight Options. "As part of this combined growth strategy, we are also pleased to note that Flight Options is in final negotiations with Embraer on a long-term aircraft supply agreement that will continue to modernize our fleet and provide our customers with best in class aircraft."
Doug Berman, a Managing Director of H.I.G., commented, "We view private jet aviation as an attractive, growing market with strong underlying fundamentals. Flight Options is uniquely positioned within its market to benefit from these dynamics and we are excited to partner with an exceptional management team to support the growth of Flight Options."
H.I.G. Capital has extensive experience investing in the aviation industry. Its current portfolio of companies includes:
-- Amerijet International, a full-service global logistics and transportation provider, offering scheduled air cargo service to 30 destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America, utilizing its fleet of Boeing aircraft.
-- Rotocraft Leasing Company, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico region with a fleet of approximately 100 helicopters. Rotocraft is certified by the FAA to operate helicopter charters and leases under an FAR 135 certification.
-- Gemini Air Cargo, an air cargo ACMI operator with a fleet of MD-11 and DC-10-30 freighters.
The transaction is subject to final government approval and is expected to close before the end of calendar 2007.
About Flight Options
Flight Options is a leading provider of private aviation services in North America. Flight Options has been a pioneer in the private jet industry since the founding of predecessors Flight Options International in 1998 and Raytheon Travel Air in 1997. The two predecessor companies combined operations in 2002. Cleveland, Ohio-based Flight Options offers the complete spectrum of programs from Fractional First(TM) ownership to leasing, aircraft management, and JetPASS Ultimate Travel membership. The company is an industry leader in private aviation safety as well, having been selected by the FAA to partner and participate in the development and implementation of a formal Safety Management System (SMS) soon to be required for all air service providers. For more information please refer to the Flight Options website at www.flightoptions.com.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. Capital is a leading global private equity investment firm with more than $4 billion of equity capital under management. Based in Miami, and with offices in Atlanta, Boston, and San Francisco in the U.S., as well as affiliate offices in London, Hamburg and Paris in Europe, H.I.G. specializes in providing capital to small and medium-sized companies with attractive growth potential. H.I.G. invests in management-led buyouts and recapitalizations of profitable and well managed manufacturing or service businesses. H.I.G. also has extensive experience with financial restructurings and operational turnarounds. Since its founding, H.I.G. has completed more than 75 transactions. The firm's current portfolio includes companies with combined revenues in excess of $7 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
SOURCE: H.I.G. Capital, LLC

Flight Options is a leading provider of private aviation services in North America. Flight Options has been a pioneer in the private jet industry since the founding of predecessors Flight Options International in 1998 and Raytheon Travel Air in 1997

What brand of crack are they smoking!! FLOPS a pioneer?! What a f--king joke.

"Leaders" HAHAHAHAHA 130 whopping planes. Oooooh the Big Boys on the block huh? I guess the 650 aircraft NJA has are sitting around doing nothing.

HIG has no idea what they have bought. A big load of freakin trouble. How about a company with pilot/mang strife beyond comprehension. Firing pilots over emails, retaining certain pilots even if they bang airplanes into one another, keep special check airman from being fired even if they run airplanes off runways, force pilots to work unpaid OT, force pilots to take vacation and burn up their time, hide mx issues, (OPT443 KANJ OCT 19th), up the health care costs 157%, force pilots onto LOA and COBRA because they can't get CANPASS & then pay them the lowest in the industry working the most 8/7.

Good luck with that HIG. Have fun..........IDIOTS!

Perhaps you should find another place to work if you are displeased with your current employer. That's what most professionals do. No harm intended, just calling it like I see it.

Please....god I pray (normally don't).......get rid of sheringa.....send #2 back to india......God please give us a Chief Pilot worthy of the title.........and some new fresh PM's.......and also some hot hotters girls in the BJ fleet......thanks God I know you never hear from me but thanks anyway

I really hope that something positive for the pilots emerges from this transaction.

Good luck and fly safe over there.

Perhaps you should find another place to work if you are displeased with your current employer.
That's what most professionals do
. No harm intended, just calling it like I see it.

There's that punch line again...How about, if you don't like being union...you quit, if your displeased you should find another place to work?

HIG has no idea what they have bought.

Perhaps they do...what if they purchased a struggling company because they saw an opportunity to liquidate the assets and make a quick buck. Its happened before. They appear to have some experience in the aviation industry and might be well aware that FLOPS is a sinking ship. No flame bait intended, just a thought.

Perhaps they do...what if they purchased a struggling company because they saw an opportunity to liquidate the assets and make a quick buck. Its happened before. They appear to have some experience in the aviation industry and might be well aware that FLOPS is a sinking ship. No flame bait intended, just a thought.

Not beyond the realm of possibilty. The people who manage/run these kinds of things aren't stupid. Who knows maybe they needed a write off.

Either way, quite the press write up.

I hear the Iranians are trying to build an Air Force for the upcoming war. I can see it now....

F-16: I have a beechjet on my tail. I can't shake him...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back