Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flybigtone

I just finished an online application for Great Lakes and it never asked for a credit card for the $28 application fee!? Are they still charging the fee? Before I started the application, it stated there would be a fee, but no information was asked for! How does this work?

I'm sitting at 2000tt and 105 multi....what are my chances of getting a quick call? What has been the average wait between application and interview call? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks, FBT

If you have an LOR, you'll get a call relatively quick. If not, don't expect a phone call for quite some time.

Cornelius,

Thanks for the info....unfortunately I don't know anyone who works for GLA. I'm out here in CA where GLA does not fly! (SkyWest country!) Does the LOR need to be from a GLA employee/pilot? I'm sure it does!

Would anyone from GLA be willing to make a friend so I can get a letter of recommendation? Give me an email. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for the help, FBT

Why not try and get on with SkyWest? Then, you'd be on with one of the best airlines in the country!

><><><,

If you only knew what I have been doing to try to get on with SkyWest, you too would understand my frustrations. ....open house in March, passed the writtens, 3 LOR's from pilots at SkyWest, update my online resume every 90 days (no sooner/no later) and still no luck. You know the drill. I am tired of waiting around, I'm tired of flight instructing, and SkyWest wants multi and 121/135 time. So why not GLA for a year or a year and a half, then over to SkyWest? Believe me, SkyWest has been my goal and dream regional job since graduating from Riddle in 1999. I need to try to open some other doors for myself!

Thanks, FBT

Hey flybigtone, 2000 TT what's your multi?
My buddy is interviewing with SKYW on Nov 12'th, No Career fair, No LOR's, He's a 135 freight dog with 1450 TT and 350 multi.

I still can't figure out why 135 multi is so much more "Valuable" than MEI multi. I mean single pilot IFR, BFD. It's the same airports/approaches over and over. As an MEI you are guaranteed at least one engine failure per flight. Most of the time for me it's engine failure on the takeoff roll, followed by an engine failure at 500 AGL, then a shutdown enroute, finished up with a single engine ILS. All while the "Captain" in the left seat is doing everything wrong and trying to kill me. Now how does that compare to flying checks to Burbank?

from the other side

MYF,

just a thought, haulin checks in the midwest involves about 9 months of pluggin through t-storms, and in the other 3 months fog and ice equal to the weather in the Northeast. I did 30 ILS's this week with about 20 to absolute minimums. 135 regs are more restrictive plus we have ops specs that are company specific, yet considered part of FARs since they are approved by FAA. However, you bring up some excellent points about instructing. It's all valuable if you make it. The hardest part of my job is not really the flying, I'm sure you could do it just as well, but trying not to become complacent and staying awake for all of this at 5 am!! I fell asleep on an ILS once about 400 feet above DH, yikes!! There is no one else to keep you awake or make sure you get the gear down EVERY time. I wish I could do some Multi instructing though. I never got my CFI or MEI. Take care,

Jeff

waiting for great lakes???

I did apply over the internet 1 month ago and paid the fee.
I could not get my whole 10 year work history on there so they sent me an email asking for the rest. I do not know when they are planning on hiring. If someone knows please let me know????????????????.
Does anyone know what planes the fly????. If it the BE1900??. Any info on Great Lakes would be highly appreciated

Im all for giving information and passing it along, ive gotten so much help from dumb questions ive asked....But if you spent the time and money on Great Lakes website it seems you would have taken the time to see what and where they fly.
B1900 and a few E120s according to the website.

Latest resources

Back