• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great lakes Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great Lakes will never disappear. Great Lakes has been delinquent on bills since they've been around. That's how they do business. They wait for the creditors to demand their payments, and on the final notice, they pay it. It's the same old story. As far as the rumors goes, here are the ones I know about:

We will be adding cities in Chicago come springtime;

We are buying more Brasillias as they are now cheaper than the 1900;

Possible codeshare agreement with Alaska Airlines which will put us in Portland, OR;

New COO and CFO are cleaning house and our CEO (Voss) is no longer involved in the day to day operations...thank God!

As far as I know, due to our continued flow through with Air Wisconsin (figure of speach), we are losing a large number of our pilots and as a result we have been hiring like mad. We are still in negotiations and if things don't progress next month then we will be asking for our 30 day cooling off. I hope it doesn't come to that, but we are among the lowest paid in the industry and things have to change. If you do come to work here, just know that you'll work your butt off and for not much money.

QXEPLT, What bad reputation does Lakes have. I hope you are referring to management and not the pilots. You should clarify before opening up your mouth because there are a lot of Lakers around at all airlines. The pilots here have a very good reputation.

Different subject, I'm thinking right when we vote to strike, we will get a contract signed. As I stay here at Lakes longer and longer, I finally start to figure out that management has screwed us in every way. Every possible way you can imagine, the pilots get screwed no matter what it is.

Going back to the original question about pay.

As an Fo you will be able to go out and eat(barely) and as a new captain you will be able to go out, eat and even supersize!!!!!!

Glad I am out of Lakes. Definetly miss the people though.

Latest resources

Back