• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great lakes Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Search the archives but I think it is about $16 per hour on the 1900 for an FO first year. Lakes pay is no where near anyone else. I believe they get $1.25 per diem as well.

- AZPilot

FO pay is $15/hr CP pay is $30, VERY small increase each year. My friend there says he gets a couple hundred a month just in perdiem since he's gone so much. CP upgrade is about a year or so.

Lakes pay is nowhere near comparable to those airlines you listed. Also, those other airlines actually have a contract that makes sure you are paid even if a flight cancels. The folks who work at ASA Comair and Skywest would probably cringe if they heard someone comparing them to Lakes!

Great Lakes pay

Longevity Cpt. F.O.

0-1 yrs. $25.89 $15.30
1-2 yrs. 27.19 17.22
2-3 yrs. 28.45 18.36
3-4 yrs. 29.83 19.50
4-5 yrs. 31.11 19.50
5-6 yrs. 32.38 19.50
6-7 yrs. 33.20 19.50
7-8 yrs. 34.02 19.50
8+ yrs. 34.87 19.50

The scale is slightly higher for the E120 captains. F.O. pay is the same for either a/c.
As you can see, there is no comparison to ANY other airline. Per diem is only $1.00 hr. Pay is based on scheduled block time with a minimum of 75 hours a month. If your schedule has less than 75 hours, plan on setting on reserve for the balance of the hours. No trip or duty rigs. The current contract expired over 2 years ago. No end in sight for a new one and there is a good chance of a strike coming.

Obviously, pay is NOT the reason to ever come to Great Lakes. The quality of flight time and quick upgrade is probably the only reason to come here. Don't come here if you want quality of life. I've been here 3 years and I am now joining Air Wisconsin. The list of reasons is way too long to list here. Anyways, I hope this helps.

-Menace

Is the upgrade training and failure rate as bad as the rumors have it?

I hear they're failing to pay bills (Airport fees an such).

All time low cash position.

Could be next candidate to flop over.

I have heard some of the same rumors~

Could Mesa or Skywest take over some of their routes? Or perhaps BigSky with backing from Mesaba?

Or maybe they will survive? But it does not look too good right now~

Does anyone know what is going on there?

Sky-dog

I believe very few rumors I hear in this business anymore... (US Airways taught me that)

Training is not that bad, on average with every other airline, but could always be improved.

GLA isn't going anywhere. They are very stable flying EAS routes, and I think they are liking their new found independence as they work on maintaining profitability as a stand alone carrier.

They have a new COO, Mr. "Chuck" Howell. He was the CEO for Corporate Airlines. He is on the property to increase reliability and On-time performance, he maintained the corner on the on time/reliabitlity market at Corporate Airlines (TWE/American Connection)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back