• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

generaltso said:
The wildcats will be upset by the IRISH tonight

Are you kidding!!?? I really dont think that'll be happening!!!
Would be nice if Wisconsin could pull off an upset against Kentucky!!!!

We should really stop hijacking this thread for basketball purposes......furloughs suck!

May you furloughed GLA pilots return to the cockpit very soon and may the University of Arizona win tonight! Amen

Stated justification: The lack of normal attrition.

Lack of normal attrition! At Lakes that must mean that someone is quitting only every other day. I haven't been flying the Beech for almost a year now, but I do know that at one point people were bailing at an average one month of one per day. As Homer Jay will be leaving, so will others. Your furlough will be short. If you get out to the PIT area flying on an Airways Saab, you'll always be welcome on my airplane.

Once a Laker, always a Laker.

Re: Cats? Huskies?

Rominato said:
Actually, I hope UA beats the hell out of ND tonight...

Done!!!! Heheheheh!!!!!:D

Hey Cardinal ,

Dont sweat the furlough. I was also furloughed for 7 months and was about 30th in line to get back and that was because of 9-11.
If you are less than 8 out and its for lack of attrition you will be back soon. Myself and at least 5 others left in March so there is some movement going on.
The best part of making almost no money is that Unemployment pays about the same, I know from experience.

Good Luck,

Ex LakerFO

Hey, thanks guys. It's about half of the November 02 class. I'm not actually that eigth guy, his is a long story. Have fun in your new place, Homer. Vinman, who's Saab? Colgan's an option. It does make striking a bit easier :)

Sorry to hear about the furlough. I actually have a friend who was placed into the pool last November and is still waiting on a class date. I hope this doesn't last long.

Cardinal,

Shuttle America actually. It's a little step up from Lakes. All Saabs, but A models (underpowered, old planes). We're not quite hiring right now though due to the war and Airways slowing down on flying. I would imagine Colgan would be in the same boat. One note though, nothing against Colgan myself because I never worked there, but we do have several pilots working here that are ex-Colgan and they say it is better here than there. That being said, I think it is a little better here than Lakes. Starting pay is $22/hr for FO. Only would be hiring FO's despite some rumor of street CA's. That has long passed. Like I said though, no current hiring. Probably will restart in mid/late summer to fall (warning: only my speculation!) PM me if you have more specific questions.

Latest resources

Back