Great headset for an A320?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

For those who are concerned and need to protect hearing, what's the best option for a headset on the Bus 320? I'm considering the Telex 850 ANR, perhaps wearing an earplug (foam) and then the headset on. The average person would say the headsets go off at above FL180, but not if you're concerned about long-term hearing loss! Any comments/thoughts appreciated from those who have flown the A320.

Thank you!

Huh? The Airbus is quieter than a 737. The biggest noise is the avionics cooling fans. Plus you're going to have to get your fellow pilots to cooperate by configuring the audio panel to accommodate you. Try an earmold and and earplug on the other side, then go up from there.

The A320 isn't nearly loud enough to require noise reducing headsets. I'm really picky about my hearing and I just use the stock headset.

I've used Telex 850 ANR and it works reasonably well. Especially for monitoring the overhead panel.... :D

I used the 850 ANR on the bus and it worked well..had to buy an airbus plug adaptor for about 30 bucks

For those who are concerned and need to protect hearing, what's the best option for a headset on the Bus 320? I'm considering the Telex 850 ANR, perhaps wearing an earplug (foam) and then the headset on. The average person would say the headsets go off at above FL180, but not if you're concerned about long-term hearing loss! Any comments/thoughts appreciated from those who have flown the A320.

Thank you!

I have used the 850 on the 320 for 5 years now....Works great and drowns out the fan noise so that you can hear the other pilot extremely well. I highly recommend the 850....ear plugs not required if you use the 850

I also fly with a few guys who use the U Fly Mike setup and I hear good things about it..

Good thing about the 850....No batteries required....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back