• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good places to fly to in Oregon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying "M" is located NW of the Newberg VOR. It's in the sticks but I do know the closest town is Yamhill. It's in Yamhill county.

Thanks, I'll look for that on the map.

The flying M is near McMinnville MMV. They will loan you the police cruiser crew car. Or you can land at the grass strip at the flying M. They have a great Buffalo burger.

Last edited:
If you decide to go into Florence, OR along the coast. Please appologise to the owner of Capt. Kirks aviation for me. He let me use his curtousy car (a really old Mercedes Bens) and I accidently broke the driver side window when I shut the door coming back from lunch. All I had on me was $10 which I'm sure wasn't anything close to covering the cost... so maybe you could give him a little donation for me as well.

Thanks and best of luck. Oregon is an awesome state to fly in!!!

Oh yeah, wherever you decide to go, DON'T GO TO CHRISTMAS VALLEY!!!

That place is the closest to Hell I've ever been. I took some friends of mine out there for dinner, half way back to Bend the burger I had ordered along with the green fries didn't sit too well. All I have to say about that is "laser beam"! I didn't think food could pass that fast through my intestinal tract. Since that day I have always flown with anti-diharea pills in my flight bag... No joke!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back