Getting the CShares interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Peter Gibbons

I have been applying to CitationShares everyday online, by email, and by fax. I really would like to work there and I think I would be a good fit. I have competitive times 3k tt, 2k jet in a 135 environment but I do not know anyone there. Has anyone had any success calling them or contacting them some other way? I see ads for them seeking new pilots on web sites so I know they are still hiring. Thanks all

Keep in mind that Barry Lambert has probably 4000+ resumes at his disposal. I am sure he recieves a hundred a day or so, and most of those people are calling him to see if he received theirs. I think CS relies very heavy on internal refrences. They take their refrences very seriously so pilots doing the referals make sure they know the person they are refering quite well. I'm not saying that you won't get a call without a referal, but you have to win the 4000 plus resume lottery and hope that Barry pulls yours for a screening before the others. Also, a good internal refrence may get you the interview, but it's up to you to get the job! I can see why you want to go to CitationShares. They are BY FAR the best fractional out there but are extremely picky about who they hire. Why else would Barry have so many resumes to choose from. Good Luck!

Should be a lot of CS opportunities over the next few years as they add 50-100 CJ3s and 50-100 Citation Sovereigns (nice)... Not sure if they will directly replace any Bravos or Excels.

Humphreybogart said:
Keep in mind that Barry Lambert has probably 4000+ resumes at his disposal. I am sure he recieves a hundred a day or so, and most of those people are calling him to see if he received theirs. I think CS relies very heavy on internal refrences. They take their refrences very seriously so pilots doing the referals make sure they know the person they are refering quite well. I'm not saying that you won't get a call without a referal, but you have to win the 4000 plus resume lottery and hope that Barry pulls yours for a screening before the others. Also, a good internal refrence may get you the interview, but it's up to you to get the job! I can see why you want to go to CitationShares. They are BY FAR the best fractional out there but are extremely picky about who they hire. Why else would Barry have so many resumes to choose from. Good Luck!
nah, they can't be that picky...

I had no internal reference and was called for an interview about a week after doing the online app and emailing a resume. I was hired a couple of weeks later.

It seems to help if you have time in type in any of the aircraft they fly. If not, find someone on the inside to help you. If you can't swing that, go to the job fair and make a good impression.

They do seem to be in the upper eschelon of fractionals. CS was the only one I applied to. I was very impressed with the organization after spending a day in White Plains, but they have their problems, just like every other airline and corporation out there.

English said:
nah, they can't be that picky...

I had no internal reference and was called for an interview about a week after doing the online app and emailing a resume. I was hired a couple of weeks later.
...careful now, or you're gonna open that whole "women have a better chance at getting hired than men" can-o-worms ;)

...careful now, or you're gonna open that whole "women have a better chance at gettin

...careful now, or you're gonna open that whole "women have a better chance at getting hired than men" can-o-worms ;)....WINGNUTT SAID

Nope...look at me... They would not hire me, and I am a woman....

OF COLOR.

I do not meet that Greenwich Connecticut Hoytie Toytie profile....thats why they would not offer me a job.

Quote by English:nah, they can't be that picky...

English, when did you interview? I had a friend interview wth CS about eight months ago and he found out the same day that he was hired. I'm just relaying what I have been told by my CS pilot buddies that have talked to Barry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back