Getting Hired At UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bushpilot29

How do you get hired at UPS to dispatch? Is the same as Fedex..you have to throw boxes at the sorting facility& wait for eternity fo rthe internal opening?
Any info will be greatly appreciated,Thnaks in advance.
Bush:)

1. wait in line.
2. interview 6-7 times
3. be prepared to spend the next 8-10 years working the night shift.

just 8-10? thats not bad, I have done that already and do not even come close to holding a day shift. Maybe I should try to get to Louisville myself.

About 8 years ago I got a call from UPS to interview for what was called a Notam Editor, if I remember correctly. At the time I understood it to be and Assistant Dispatcher. Funny thing was, I didn't even apply. I had my resume on one of those aviation job bank websites, and the recruiter called me. At first I set up the interview, but I called back and cancelled it a few days later. I just had no interest in working for them.

Any UPS dispatchers here?

Bushpilot - sorry for "stealing" your thread but maybe my question will help you too?

Apologize my ignorance here but I know very little about dispatching and the dispatcher job market. I fly for Big Brown and have a couple of friends who’d love to work for us as dispatchers. They only have regional experience though (5-8years) – are they out of luck or is it possible to get hired with those quals?
How competitive is it to get hired as a dispatcher at UPS? Is it as hard as getting a pilot position? (took me 8 years).

Any suggestions on how they can improve their chances? Which job fairs do you recommend? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
av80r

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back