Getting a Delta Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your Dad is or was a Deltoid you will get an interview

not quite true, My father retired last year after 29 years in Tech Ops and I was told a the job fair "Oh you're a legacy, what was your dad flying when he retired?, Oh, he was just in tech ops, try again later" my times are:
4550TT
3300ME
1800Turb.
1100 TPIC

seems as though there are two types of legacies. F'em

Last month, I blew $4,500 on an attorney to legally change my last name to "Hernandez." (No joke)

Next month, I have interviews with FedEx, Delta, and Southwest!

If your Dad is or was a Deltoid you will get an interview

not quite true, My father retired last year after 29 years in Tech Ops and I was told a the job fair "Oh you're a legacy, what was your dad flying when he retired?, Oh, he was just in tech ops, try again later" my times are:
4550TT
3300ME
1800Turb.
1100 TPIC

seems as though there are two types of legacies. F'em

Funny, my dad worked for UAL, 34 years. And no, he didn't fly either. When I tried to get into the sons-and-daughters program, the reaction is similar. Not as bad as yours.

Them "What is your dad flying?"
Me "He doesn't fly, works the ramp"
Them "Oh, I see"

Like I'm a lower class son because my dad didn't fly there.

Funny, my dad worked for UAL, 34 years. And no, he didn't fly either. When I tried to get into the sons-and-daughters program, the reaction is similar. Not as bad as yours.

Them "What is your dad flying?"
Me "He doesn't fly, works the ramp"
Them "Oh, I see"

Like I'm a lower class son because my dad didn't fly there.

I have a friend who had a Dad working as a CSR, he got in on the Sons and Daughters program. Of course he had 5000+ and 2000+ Turbine PIC. Maybe you didn't have the quals?

Also knew several guys at ACA with NO DEGREE go work the ramp at UAL and get interviews after one year, both that I know of were hired.

I have a friend who had a Dad working as a CSR, he got in on the Sons and Daughters program. Of course he had 5000+ and 2000+ Turbine PIC. Maybe you didn't have the quals?

Also knew several guys at ACA with NO DEGREE go work the ramp at UAL and get interviews after one year, both that I know of were hired.

Well, I see what you are saying. But the conversation happened BEFORE we even started talking about my quals. Don't get me wrong, I would still like to work there and take advantage of every oppurtunity I may have. Just thought it was a little bit of a condescending reaction from the guy.

I'm guessing you were former ACA with the J31/J41 in your profile?

Former and PROUD member of the Blueridge flying club!

3000 hours in the MIGHTY J-32 with 1500 or so in da -FORTY ONE! (J-41)

Former and PROUD member of the Blueridge flying club!

3000 hours in the MIGHTY J-32 with 1500 or so in da -FORTY ONE! (J-41)

ARE STILL ABLE TO HEAR WHEN PEOPLE ARE TALKING TO YOU!!???

I was there too and enjoyed it. I'm guessing you were probably gone before I got there. I'm sure you would probably know all the 41 guys that went on to become 328 inintal cadre. If I was able to hook you up with couple hot Brazillian chicks, would you reccoment me?

ARE STILL ABLE TO HEAR WHEN PEOPLE ARE TALKING TO YOU!!???

I was there too and enjoyed it. I'm guessing you were probably gone before I got there. I'm sure you would probably know all the 41 guys that went on to become 328 inintal cadre. If I was able to hook you up with couple hot Brazillian chicks, would you reccoment me?

My hearing has come back, don't miss the David Clarks!

I bugged out in early 99'.....

if you update it, it may happen

I have updated on airline apps ever since the hiring started and I just got an interview. I was shocked and excited. 2500T PIC, 3000turbine 4500tt, and a Veteran of the US Navy. I don't know a single soul over at Delta. They have always been in my backyard (from Cinci). I guess my tenacity and willingness to update all the time paid off for the interview at least. There is hope! July 12th is the big day and I hope I have something to do on the 13th as well!

Latest resources

Back