Getting a Delta Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skaff

What does it take to get a Delta Interview. My app is in, I'm a Check Airman at a large regional with a few other stand out points on my resume, and I have a Masters degree. No call. I don't really know anyone at Delta to walk in my resume, but is there anything else I can do to get the call.

Why don't you start with getting to know some more people at Delta, then downplay all your qualifications to everyone. If you are such a well qualified candidate, you don't need to boast those to everyone. Your qualifications will speak for themselves on your resume. In this industry, it is who you know.

Why don't you start with getting to know some more people at Delta, then downplay all your qualifications to everyone. If you are such a well qualified candidate, you don't need to boast those to everyone. Your qualifications will speak for themselves on your resume. In this industry, it is who you know.

I don't usually boast about qualifications and such and I know that there are a lot of as qualified and more qualified candidates out there. I would like to get to know more Delta guys, but easier said than done. I was just wondering if any one had any additional tips on getting them to notice me.

this just posted on aviationinterviews.com...

I think DAL has the pick of the litter from what I am reading.. Any else recently interview with a different experience?

Date of interview: May 17, 2007
Date interview was submitted: May 18, 2007
Were you hired as a result of this interview? no
Total flight time: 7100
PIC flight time: 6000
PIC TURBINE flight time: 5100
Instrument flight time: 1200
Total multi engine flight time: 6000
Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no
How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 4
Are you a CFI? yes
Are you a CFII? yes
Are you a MEI? yes
Are you an ATP? yes
Did you complete the ATP written? yes
Are you an FE? no
Did you complete the FE written? no
How long after you sent your resume were you called? 17 weeks
Do you have a college degree? 4 year
Do you have a military background? no
What is your current job? 121
What is your age? 30
What aircraft were you assigned? N/A
If you were hired what is your training date?

Interview experience:
Delta hiring is in full swing, and they are being VERY selective. My interview group had five. Four regional captains and one USAF. Only the USAF was invited back after day one. We met the day two group from the previous day, and it was only four of the eight that started. The preceeding gouge about the first day is right on. There are three computer tests and a face-to-face. The writtens are an aviation knowledge, a personality assessment, and a cognative skills. The face-to-face interview is scored on a tally sheet, and this is used as a cutoff number for the call-back as well as the test scores.

We had 5 out of 8 make it to day 2 (myself included) in that same general timeframe. I heard it averages around 50%.

It seems military guys don't need a "sponsor." Preference is also given to former employees and legacies. If you don't fall into that category you need some strong pull from the inside. I would PM ACL65PILOT since he seems to know a lot about the hiring process there.

The interview process was very relaxed. Everyone was very friendly and upbeat.

With only $7.6B in debt and a non-fuel CASM of 7 cents, Delta is going to do very well going forward.

GogglesPisano, check your PM!

If your Dad is or was a Deltoid you will get an interview. If you are female or another minority you'll get your foot in the door.

Latest resources

Back