Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SammyG

I hope its big enough
I haven't formally introduced myself yet, I'm new around here. I'm from Florida, I guess all my vital info is in my little side profile that I made when I registered. Was told about this site by a friend, posts under pa-typed...somethin along those lines (sorry dude).

My question is the following. I'll be gettin my IFR and Com Single later this year, and was just lookin' for advice regarding when I should get my CFI afterwards. Should I wait until hiring is good to get it? 'Cause I'm not sure how good it would look for me to get a CFI certificate, only to have it collect dust, so to speak, with 0 hours of training given until whenever they start hiring again. Am I better off waiting until hiring begins again, do I have a better shot of gettin hired if I'm a "fresh, new" instructor?

Thanks...

Get it ASAP!

. . . is what I would do if I were you. You won't find much work at all as a 250-hour single-engine pilot. Your chances of finding work will be better with your CFI. Your CFI is a real, legitimate credential with which you can work sooner than without.

Don't wait. The CFI is a tough practical. You will do better if the learning you receive during your initial training is fresh in your mind.

Hopefully your school is one that hires its own graduates as CFIs.

Don't forget about getting your multi ratings.

Good luck with your IFR training. In Florida, the first third of the year offers opportunities to get actual.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back