• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Atomics UAV Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I know it's not loggable (at least not in the current day and age). I'm a right-seater at a large regional and am just very intrigued by working with these machines...and for a Defense Contractor for that matter. My only issue is "where will I be in 5 years"? Probably no more marketable to other pilot jobs than I am now. Of course, everyone keeps saying to bail out of the airlines and I'm still pretty new to them.

So the military is letting civvies shoot hellfires with these things? Also, anyone know what life is like working for a defense contractor?

DGdaPilot, FYI the pilots do the takeoffs and landings, but a computer flies the rest of each sortie based on a complex profile pre-programmed. The pilot monitors the flight and may make changes to the profile.

Defense contract work can be Ok. It depends on the employer. One plus is that most of the contract employers offer fairly good benefits.

It's good to work for companies that the government overpays by billions of dollars. Smart business to be in.

Latest resources

Back