Gear-up taxi damage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ncsu14

Hey guys, I am curious to hear an opinion here...some folks I know are looking at a King Air 200 that supposedly had a gear up on a taxi way. Apparently the crew taxied into a manhole cover and the a/c's nose gr and right main collapsed. Sudden stop inspections were done on the engines by someone reputable -revealed no damage, and the only other damage other than the gear was some wrinkling to the skin on the left main. Would this be a deal breaker? What kind of questions should these folks be asking when they look at the aircraft? Thanks.

ncsu14 said:
Hey guys, I am curious to hear an opinion here...some folks I know are looking at a King Air 200 that supposedly had a gear up on a taxi way. Apparently the crew taxied into a manhole cover and the a/c's nose gr and right main collapsed. Sudden stop inspections were done on the engines by someone reputable -revealed no damage, and the only other damage other than the gear was some wrinkling to the skin on the left main. Would this be a deal breaker? What kind of questions should these folks be asking when they look at the aircraft? Thanks.
It may be best to just forget about that aircraft. It may be OK mechanically, but the resale value will be nihl. There are so many other aircraft for sale that it should not be hard to find another one. Right now there are 66 King Air 200s for sale, and 69 B200s for sale. If you don't mind me asking, which 200 are you looking at?

Latest resources

Back