• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Garmin 430 in the 152?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Make up a checklist of the items you need to do on the thing during the checkride. Then, on the checkride, refer to your checklist as needed. If you don't want to make one, I have some for sale that cover the need-to-know-stuff --including holding patterns.

The GPS is a tested item on your instrument checkride. Be able to demonstrate a GPS approach to a misssed or full-stop on the unit. Get adequate knowledge of the regulations concerning use of the GPS in lieu of DME or ADF, the paperwork involved for your unit to be IFR certified, the approaches you can do with the GPS as primary navigation, and the approaches where you can not use the GPS as primary navigation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

100LL... Again! said:
I want a cub with an Omega system in it.
Once upon a time (Before deregulation and airline pilots made real money.) there was an airline captain who had his personal Super Cub outfitted with a Collins FD-108 and PN-101 and some sort of VLF/Omega nav system - the same state-of-the-art stuff that was in his big Boeing. I remember reading that they had to remove one of the seats to mount all of the boxes. I think this guy went on to management.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back