• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tittyjet

Throbbing Member
TSA to Get Proposal for Jumpseat Policy

The Transportation Security Administration has agreed to review a proposal for a test program that would allow certain airline and government employees to once again fly on off-line jumpseats.

The proposal, drawn up by the “jumpseat coalition” (ALPA, APA, SWAPA, IPA, CAPA, NATCA, ATA and FAA) will be forwarded to TSA by July 10. TSA will have 30 days to accept or reject the proposal. If accepted, TSA will undertake a 6-month pilot project that would restore jumpseat privileges to specific users. Under the pilot program, use of the off-line jumpseat would be permitted for ATA airline employees, air traffic controllers and other FAA employees, plus Department of Defense couriers. At the end of the six months TSA will assess the results of the project and determine whether to make the program permanent.

Now if we can just get them to let us through security like they are supposed to......

tittyjet said:
....... plus Department of Defense couriers.

Screw that. "I'm sorry sire there does't seem to be enough O2 for a 3rd crew member today."

Can't wait for the TSA to let screeners ride the JS!

How much money do you want to bet that the TSA-Holes will have priority *over* pilots for the J/S....

Not on my airplane. Those low-life rent-a-cops can buy a ticket. I hope one of those jerks from TUL tries to hop on one of our airplanes and gets a resounding, "HELL NO."

I spent the day sitting in Brainerd, MN the other day and there was something like seven or eight of those TSA people there working every Mesaba flight. It was the biggest waste of money I have seen in a long time. Most of them were too old or too fat to do anything for the sake of security anyway.

Latest resources

Back