Future of Chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CHQNewHire

I consider myself very fortunate to be going to an airline that seems to be moving in the right direction. I am curious to hear some inside views on where Chautauqua is headed long term.

I have heard from a buddy in training at CHQ now, that they want to be at 1300 pilots within a year or so, and that Bryan Bedford has said he wants CHQ to be the SWA of the regionals. Granted, Indoc is usually a time for the Ra Ra company speeches, so with that in mind, where is the growth going to come from?

With 10+ US Airways feeders out there already and Mid-Atlantic and Republic coming in the near future, what is the future of the US Air relationship? To me it seems that a problem of oversaturation may be a possiblity in the next couple of years.

I know very little about the American Connection relationship. Is there any room for growth there? How does Trans States fit into that potential for growth?

Delta Connection seems to be the most promising right now. Orlando has unlimited potential and Columbus seems like a logical gateway from the Midwest to the Major East Coast cities. I have also heard that Dallas is growing. Any specifics on this relationship?

Anything that could be added from those that might have some isnight would be appreciated. I have already read the "doom and gloom" threads the past couple of days, so no need for starting another round here.

Thanks in advance.

CHQNewHire,

You and ALL CHQ new hires need to sign up at

WWW.IBT747.org

This will explain what is going on.....

I have already been reading that sites postings, have not been to message board at IBT. Will check out.

Just looking for general insight into the future.

Thanks ERJDRVR

Union website

chqnewhire,

Welcome to the fold!

If you haven't been to the message area you havn't really been to the website. The posts you have read are press releases and general info put out by the communications director. This may be viewed by any guest of the website.

The message board is for CHQ pilots only. To gain access you must contact Tiffany or Jason in the local 747 office so they can verify your union membership and standing. It is crucial for you to do this as much discussion is ongoing in the members area. This website and the phone tree communications will be the best way for you to keep up with CHQ and union business. You seem to be someone who wants to be informed so please take advantage of these services. We need the entire pilot group to be unified, mobilized and informed!

Latest resources

Back