Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mcbecker

Homosaywhat?
To the people who are currently Interviewing at ASA or in the pool. I found out today that there is a 21 Nov Class and most likely another one toward the first part of Dec. I am in the Nov 4 class and was in the pool longer than most. I interviewed in July. They appear to go by total time as one of the main factors to the length of time in the pool. Good luck to all my fellow Eagle furloughees!!

Any idea how big the pool is? Is it draining quickly?

I've heard that they are hiring right now, can anyone validate that?

Thanks all, lots-o-luck

Let me tell you my sad story. I've been in the pool since July and they have called everyone I interviewed with except me. I also thought they were calling you based on flight-time. Well, I got passed over on the Nov. 4th class and when I called Loretta about it, she flat out told me they weren't calling for that class until the 17th or 18th of Oct. Well, I know for a fact they had already started the phone calls and when I asked her if I'd be getting a call she said it was too early to tell. So, why did she lie? I have no idea. Why didn't I get the call for Nov. 4th when people with less time than I have did get the call? I have no idea. I know I'm not alone on this. At least two or three more people who are on these boards are in the same boat. Oh well, got called for a Comair class starting Oct. 21st.

Later!

I think they go by looks. If they think you are more handsome or pretty than the other poolies, then you get the nod first.

You see in a sellers market like the airline HR departments have right now. They figure that they may as well build the best looking pilot group they can. It makes all the company propoganda posters that much better to look at.

If there is going to be a glut on the pilot market, I guess it is an opportunity for the posters to look like GAP commercials.

Very, very TIC.

:p

Last edited:
LOL! Yea, what was up with the huge guy they used to have on the website. I noticed they changed it to a skinny old dude!

sidseal said:
LOL! Yea, what was up with the huge guy they used to have on the website. I noticed they changed it to a skinny old dude!

ROFLMAO.

I don't know who that dude was.

I was just talking about him with someone the other day. Watching ESPN Classic Golf Highlights. He looks just like Craig Stadtler (The Walrus of PGA fame) about 20 years ago.

You should see some of the posters for Awesome Servive Academy in the crew lounges. They are pretty funny.

Last edited:
ID's

The 'big guy' is William Dudley - CRJ Fleet Mgr.....

The 'old dude' is the senior chief Pilot, Nelson Debegelugee....close spelling :)

Any other questions?

Latest resources

Back