Furlough Wisdom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good advise from all. Here's my $.02.

If you decide to do the Mr. Mom routine don't just sit on you a$$ and let time go by. Do something to further your ability to make a living. For example, you could get a real estate license, start a home business, or take a night class in some area that interests you.

My wife works to support my regional airline pilot habit (which doesn't pay the bills). On my days off I watch the baby. It's great, but also a LOT of work. It won't be easy, but do something to further yourself in the event you don't get back to the airlines or it takes longer than you think.

saabslime:

Your comments are presumptuous on two accounts: you know nothing about me, and you know nothing about his wife.

This board is for the free exchange of information. Obviously members have divergent views on almost every topic.

Try thinking a bit before you post insulting comments about others on this board.

thanks for the advice

I appreciate the viewpoints voiced by everyone. It's somehow comforting to know my logic is similar to a group of complete strangers...:D

My main concern was that if I waited on ACA and got burned that I would be many years from a comparable flying job. But so will tons of others, I guess. I may try to secure another class with a different carrier just in case, but I'm going to hang my hat on ACA for the time being and trust that the senior braintrust there will continue to lead ACA to growth.

As far as the personal issues around my house: good point but it's all good here. Shoot, my wife's been supporting my flying habit for some time now! I do have a Master's degree in something much less interesting than aviation that I could flop back to if worse came to worst. I sure as he!! hope I don't have to go back to driving a desk (the view NEVER changes).

KAK - 10/28 class

So long. Time to strap on the breast pump.

I just want to give a public thanks to my wife and all the others who have subsidized our tour through this industry.

I have always said to my wife, you carried me so far and one day Ill carry you the rest of the way. I hope the day comes sooner than later that she can take me up on it.

Latest resources

Back