Fuel Prices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turbodriver said:
The economics demand that a change is necessary now. Or did you now see the signs starting at $3,00 per gal.?QUOTE]

Maybe you should give up your current gig and go into politics. This is one of the best examples of turning an opinion into a 'fact' I have seen in a while. Congratulations, that's what influences the masses with logic as flawed as yours. I'm glad I know for a 'fact' now that $3/gal for auto gas is cutoff for demanding a change, thank you for clueing me in. I'm done debating this with you.

Doc Holiday said:
I'm trying to keep politics out of this, but if that 'other guy' had been elected, you would still be going to the gas station today.

It sure doesn't help when GW is in bed with the oil companies...

~wheelsup

So you are telling me that SuperLiberal from Mass would have the energy problem solved in a year and a half? HUG IT OUT!

kngarthur said:
Increase supply/ Reduce demand? I think we should cut the fu$%ing arabs off. I think they are dependent on us buying there fossil fuels! What are they going to do when we stop buying it from them? They have nothing else!!!

I also heard that Allah is running out of virgins. Where does he get the virgins anyway?

The Arabs would get by just fine a lot longer than we would boycotting their oil. Silly arguments for alternative energy not withstanding, Mideast oil is critical not only for fuel, but for thousands of other applications such as plastics and pharmaceuticals. Without it, the West falls.

As for the 70 virgins, that's a mistranslation of the Koran. The original reference is to 70 Virginians, who are currently beating the shiite out of Uday and Qusay. :)

It's not a crude supply problem. It's a refining ability problem. When was the last time a refinery was built in this country? Hint: many of you were in diapers. A bunch of whiny- environmentalist idiots have kept that from happening for quite awhile via the EPA. Oh yeah, the NIMBY factor as well. Supply (refinement)has remained virtually stagnant while demand has gone up (greater population). Price will go down, but not until demand drops off. At some point people will change their lifestyle, buy less gas, and price will come down. It won't solve the long term problem. That requires more refineries.

SouthTex said:
So you are telling me that SuperLiberal from Mass would have the energy problem solved in a year and a half? HUG IT OUT!

He!! He won't even allow environmentally friendly (unless you are a bird) windmills in sight of his house. What makes anyone think he could even come close to fixing this?

AF :cool:

Latest resources

Back