Frontier officials: Mesa may stop region

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WS,

I really don't remember a time line on this issue, sorry. The employees of Frontier don't hold mesa in high regard at all and comment that they wish F9 would change to another carrier for their express service. Sorry to have disappointed you, you have a great holiday as well...

WD.

Well, it would seem both parties will get their wish come JAN04.

Still waiting for that Virgin gouge....

All in do time young jedi!!

WD.

crashpad said:
1). I call them RJ's because that's the customer perception.

no, that's the perception created by the press and people on this board. go to the embrear website and take a look. there is nothing on there to indicate they are marketed as an rj, they just happen to be made by a company with a long history of building rj's. the acft will have more pax room than jb's own airbus. i doubt they will be perceived by the customers as rj's (e.g., crj) when the sit in them.

Hmmmmmm Big snake who back losing football team:D

If mainline airlines don't fly them and regionals do they will always be known as a regional jet...

Look at NWA the true original RJ is the DC9 but it flys for a major with major pay I might add so it will never be called a regional jet...

WD.

Funny thing regarding "RJ's" In all the USairways ALPA code-a-phone updates which are usually posted on usaviation, they call them "SJ's" small jets. It's one of those things that can be debated forever. The way I see it, they should just be called what they are.

If it pays likea n RJ, it's an RJ!

Well, whatever they are, they're superior to some mainline equipment. I think I read on this board somewhere that pay for them will be more than JB FO's, but less than JB Cpts. I'd assume this is refering to pay for the EMB Cpts, and the FO's would be paid less than 'Blue FO's (yes, I know they will ALL be JB pilots, but you get what I'm trying to say)

Point being, with so much mud-slinging going on regarding who can lower the bar flying RJ's (is it Mesa b/c their improvements weren't good enough, or is it SKYW, ACA, and Wiskey b/c they voted in concessions), I think we're all missing the big point here:

If all these pilots will be 'Blue pilots, then they all should be paid like mainliners, not like Express pilots. If 'Blue pilots are paid less if they fly EMB, then that is establishing a new standard, one where 130 passenger+ jets are on a lower payscale, one based on the pay of a large regional rather than the small mainliners. Some might even call it B-scale.

JB pilots, you run your own show, and that is fine. But know that you alone are responsible for setting 'the bar' for whether these planes are RJ's or jets. If they're jets, than the pilots should be paid like jet pilots.

Are they jets or RJ's? It is up to JB to tell us. The entire industry eagerly awaits.

-Boo!

removed ASA from the 'concessions' list. Typo on my part. Sorry ASA and Tim47SIP.

Last edited:
OK, let's try again. Does a 777 captain at AA make the same as a 757 captain at AA? No! Is the 757 captain earning "B" Scale wages? I'd say no, but you can say whatever you like. So, by introducing an aircraft with 56 fewer seats at a lower pay scale have we created a "B" scale? Again, have it how you want, but I'd say no. Do you even know what the "B" scale at AA was like? You could have started as a 767 FO and been payed about 24k a year your first year. That is a "B" scale.

Suffice it to say, it will beat the pay in any seat of any aircraft at a regional airline. I won't go into detail, but the other forms of pay, such as profit sharing, stock option, stock purchase, etc should make it clear to you that everyone here will be afforded the same benefits and career opportunities. Can upgrade to an Airbus 320 in a couple of years at a regional?

One more item. We don't get involved in ALPA style pattern bargaining. If we did, we already would have taken a pay cut, right?

Last edited:
Boo

(is it Mesa b/c their improvements weren't good enough, or is it SKYW, ACA, ASA, and Wiskey b/c they voted in concessions),

Are you sure about ASA voting in concessions??? If so, when? Thanks.;)

So....getting back to the Subject of the thread.........do you think Fontier will totally drop JetExpress flying or go at it with someone else and if that's the case with who? Even the original press release made it sound like they were interested in expanding the concept.

Latest resources

Back