Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xrated

Jeezz, What have I Done?
I saw on the news recently there was a program where people could donate frequent flyer miles to soldiers trying to get home from the middle east. I guess the deal is, the military is giving personnel a weeks leave and provides transportation to three destinations in the U.S. (BWI, ATL, DFW). Once there, the soldiers are responsible for travel to and from their final dest if it isn't one of the above. Some guys/gals are spending a full months salary to get home for a week.

If you go to the website, http://www.heromiles.org it will lead you trough the process. It is very simple to do, though not all airlines are represented. Some if not all the airlines involved require a minimum miles donation, but for many the mimimum is only 500 miles.

I realize frequent flier miles is a perk we all enjoy, but there are some airlines that I fly very infrequently. At the rate I ride on some airlines, it would take me a decade to get a ticket out of them. I thought this would be a great program for folks to get invlolved with during this season of giving.

Tailwinds!

Latest resources

Back