Ford reports profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Just to listened to the FMC CEO on my radio wake up, Ford Motor was profitable 3 out 4 quarters this year and had $6.8 B positive cash flow. I wonder if this has anything to do with a manufacturing guy running a manufacturing company as a opposed to a bean counter? Someone who wants to make a superior product as opposed to only looking a ways to cut costs? BTW Makes my $5.75 a share purchase in spring of 08 look really great.

Last edited:
But, how can they be profitable if they are also unionized? :erm: I thought the two were mutually exclusive.

of course not

But, how can they be profitable if they are also unionized? :erm: I thought the two were mutually exclusive.
of course not the union saw BK and the loss of everything, so they approved a "B" scale to protect what they had, while allowing the company to reduce costs. It is called looking after the brotherhood, which includes the senior guys

I bought the stock about 6 months ago at 3.80 a share...bought 30 shares. Not bad, I'm hanging on to it for the duration. I bought the stock shortly after GMC and Chrysler sold out to the Government.

Just to listened to the FMC CEO on my radio wake up, Ford Motor was profitable 3 out 4 quarters this year and had $6.8 B positive cash flow. I wonder if this has anything to do with a manufacturing guy running a manufacturing company as a opposed to a bean counter? Someone who wants to make a superior product as opposed to only looking a ways to cut costs? BTW Makes my $5.75 a share purchase in spring of 08 look really great.

You got that one right. Hmmmm maybe they will start a trend. like back to the basics.

Latest resources

Back