• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ford may sell jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a congressmen does with his own money is irrelevant to this situation.

Pssssssssssst..........lawmakers don't use their own money when traveling on private aircraft.

When a corporation comes and asks for billions of dollars in our money, how they spend it becomes our concern.
Two very different situations.
I agree.

But you, now flying a large cabin international business jet, should be able to appreciate what the cost of business aviation buys these companies (which have a large global presence) in terms of resource and time utilization.

Pssssssssssst..........lawmakers don't use their own money when traveling on private aircraft.

I agree.

But you, now flying a large cabin international business jet, should be able to appreciate what the cost of business aviation buys these companies (which have a large global presence) in terms of resource and time utilization.
Absolutely, I was just pointing out that there was a difference in what a congressman does with his own money. I in no way think that they should be selling their aircraft.

My point is these congressmen are using the jets for the same reason the CEOs are: To maximize the efficiency of their time use. The CEO's are still going to use jets...they have to...they're just going to go pay someone else for the service. In the mean time, the flight departments are out on the street.

I see this as nothing but a PR stunt by congress. A poorly thought out PR stunt.

Then what do you call the Execs riding into town in campany manufactured cars? Another stunt? Clowns in the clown car coming to the big tent called Congress?

It is all about perception....

you can't ask poeple who make $28K a year to baliout execs who spend 28K to fly to washington for a bailout....

We all did job interviews.......

Perception!

I agree, and that's all it is: Perception. GM and Ford will get their bailout money and congress will gain favor in the eyes of the populace for being vigilant. Mullaly will arrive back from DC in his Ford product, check in hand, and toddle off to go hop into N123QS on his next business trip.

With a quick slight of hand, things will appear to be different, when in fact they are very much the same. Save for the flight departments which needlessly lost their jobs so congress could do a little grand standing in hopes of garnering more voters for future elections.

I say the shucking of the Big Three flight departments is window dressing....

The departments will be back.... quietly.....

The corpjet is too effective a tool....

I agree. In the meantime, I wish the best for those previously employed by the flight departments.

GM is going to move 4 of their airplanes to a management company is what i have heard.

Anyone else care to verify?

Is that diesel Mini sold in the US?

I don't trust a f**king word Consumer Reports has to say about automobile "quality" after the hatchet job they did on both the Izuzu Trooper and Suzuki Sidekick back in the 1990s.

Consumer reports is a joke. There reports come from there subscribers! All the little old lady's who read it.

How about filing a law suit against your empoyer for making crap cars.

“empoyer” Nice spelling you genius! You sound about as smart as your comment! Crap cars? What are you talking about? Remember you can’t even pass a car uphill in jap POS car! I will pass you anywhere in my big GM car getting 32MPG@78MPH!!!! When you in your jap crap trying to keep up with me down the highway sucking gas cause that little motor will turning like 3500RPM!

Latest resources

Back