Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Nice device with built in WIFI and you can use Bluetooth connectivity between your Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and compatible Bluetooth phone to create an Internet connection by using your phone as a modem. Never have to take it out of your bag for TSA, and yes it works with SWAlife/CWA. Most stores and Nokia have had a hard time keeping them in stock, COMPUSA among others have been carrying it, and will even let you try it in the store (although some store have stopped using a display model since it has been selling so well and it takes awhile to get back in stock). The dimensions of Nokia 770 Internet Tablet are 5.5 inches x 3.1 inches x .70 inch (LxWxT) with the protective cover. The dimensions without the protective cover are 5.3 inches x 3.1 inches x .60 inch (LxWxT). The weight of Nokia 770 Internet Tablet is 8.1 ounces. The weight without the protective cover is 6.5 ounces.

Voice over IP (VoIP) and Instant Messaging (IM) will be included on the next major release this year.

Price.........$359.00

http://www.nokiausa.com/770

I've had good luck using my PSP for internet access on the road. The web interface is decent, hopefully this one is better since they are marketing it as an internet tablet.

That Nokia 770 is really neat. I was considering a Dell AXIM handheld PDA but now I may reconsider. And the Nokia is $100 cheaper than the Dell!

Anyone out there have one and using it?

RoughAir said:
Anyone out there have one and using it?

I have had mine for 2 weeks, and it has been great. I had a laptop for years, but the 9/11 laptop rules have been a pain. The biggest challenge for me was will it work with the new SWA/CWA program that debuted 2/17, thankfully it does.

Can you only get online via the wi-fi? or can you use the regular phone cable?
What is SWA/CWA?

Just found the answer.
A connection to the Internet can be created via Wi-Fi or via Bluetooth using your compatible mobile phone as a modem.

I saw a guy using one on ORD today and he let me check it out. I just ordered one today w/ the car charger. Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper fold-up bluetooth keyboard than the one Nokia is offering?

Don't suppose you can watch movies on it? Laptops are a pain but I rip movies and shows to mine to help get me through the long layovers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back