foldable athletic shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyaddict

Hey folks, does anyone use or have a link for compact folding athletic shoes? I saw an advert once but never copied the info, though that brand looked a bit goofy.

Thanks-- basically I am looking for shoes where the hefty uppers are either not there (cut off) or fold flat for packing in about half the space as typical trainers do. Just trying to cut down on bag space for these upcoming winter 7 day tours. Will check out the 5's.

Nike Free is a good running shoe that was designed to give the runner a feel of bare feet. Believe it or not, there is a "break in" period where you need to give your feet a chance to adjust. At least that is what I've read. I was thinking about buying a pair since I used to be a distance runner 'til I wrecked my motorcycle and screwed up my knee. The shoe actually folds quite well.

Have you used it gunfyter? If so, what do you think? I'd still like to get a pair after rehab to get back into running.

Nike Free is a good running shoe that was designed to give the runner a feel of bare feet. Believe it or not, there is a "break in" period where you need to give your feet a chance to adjust. At least that is what I've read. I was thinking about buying a pair since I used to be a distance runner 'til I wrecked my motorcycle and screwed up my knee. The shoe actually folds quite well.

Have you used it gunfyter? If so, what do you think? I'd still like to get a pair after rehab to get back into running.

You will love the NIKE FREE. I was once a marathon runner but this fractional lifestyle is killing me. I liked the NIKE Air Harache. No longer available was sturdier than the FREE.

XTW...hahahaa...aren't we all?? $85 is what I've seen them going for. Not bad for a quality shoe (from what I've read in Running magazine). Heck, my Asics cost $110 since I need motion control due to flat feet ~ but I'd like to try the Free's.

And gunfyter - I was doing 5K's until my accident 7/4, so I've been gettin' lazy! The doc says its going to be difficult to be pre-accident (concrete walls @ 40MPH don't give well). I'll keep rehabbing, and hope that next season I can maybe do a mile or two. Tough some days just to walk across the ramp!

I was once a marathon runner but this fractional lifestyle is killing me.

I hear you... I would like to work out solidly for at least an hour a day, the way I do on my days off, but with so many 10 hour overnites (meaning 8-9 in hotel, leaving 6-7 sleeping hours), wierd hours, and as often as not (hit and miss) crappy gyms, it is quite a challenge... some tours I am lucky to get a single decent workout unless I am blessed with a broken airplane and checkin in hotel.

Almost makes me pine for the crazy days of standup/high speed lines at the regionals where I could sleep a few hours then go to the gym for 2 hours, cook, etc. ... until I realize how crappy everything else at the airlines was compared to fracs. (Well, a few freak FBO's actually have gyms and showers as I recall.)

Thanks for the leads, guys.

Found some Rockport (Tide's Up) at Ross for $20-30 and they are amazingly lightweight and small, not sure about the cusioning for intense running. Also have some slip-on Nike Zoom's (also a Ross find) that are a bit bigger, but have air cusioning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back