Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

210FR8DOG

I hate to ask a question that should be obvious, but here goes:

If you are at an airline as an FO for three years, and you make Captain in your fourth year, are you a first year Captain or a fourth year Captain. I've seen all the payscales relating to this, I'm just not sure how that works.

Also, does anyone know how/why Chautauqua can be hiring so many and when they will start to furlough? Sorry, it just seems weird right now that anyone could be hiring "40 a month for the foreseeable future". I hope they are though!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

No such thing as a dumb question.

The years refer to years of service as a pilot on the seniority list. If a 3rd year FO upgrades he becomes a 3rd year CA unless of course he reaches the anniversary date during upgrade. FO to CA is usually a decent raise. This means you go out and buy a new toy and are just as broke as you were as an FO.

thanks

Thanks emb, for me it would probably be a newer truck since mine has 215,000 miles!!!!!! Oh yeah, and a jet ski, and a newer motorcycle, and.......yeah whatever!!!

At most airlines you would receive 3rd year Captain pay, but would be on the bottom of the list for bidding purposes, assuming the airline or you didn't upgrade out of senoirity order.

wild bill kelso said:
It depends on the airline. At commute air they have no longevity.
If it takes you 3 years to upgrade, you are then a 1st year Ca.

I guess commutair guys have just longevity in seat. That sucks!! We have longevity with the company as most airlines do.

Also, does anyone know how/why Chautauqua can be hiring so many and when they will start to furlough? Sorry, it just seems weird right now that anyone could be hiring "40 a month for the foreseeable future". I hope they are though!!!

This is do to the fact that CHQ mngt. has something up their sleave.
CHQ president has been to UAL HQ's twice this month for meetings.
Jet 4 Jobs was approved by the pilot group for US Airways..
Continued increase in service for Delta

CHQ will not get any J4J airplanes. US Airways just placed an order yesterday for 170 RJ's to go strictly to wholey owned's and to their regional Mid Atlantic.

Latest resources

Back