Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USA_Av8r

Hello,
Does anyone have any info on flying a N-registered aircraft into Venezuala? I am just looking for visa information and flight planning info for that country.

Thanks

I would have a long talk with the guys at Universal. I meet their security director last week and had an interesting discussion with him. If they are jecking around US airlines, then US corporate aircraft are most likely in a world of hurt there.

Hugo Chavez might even fill up your tanks for free so you'll realize what a "great" guy he really is!

Can't help with the flying part, but be VERY careful in terms of surroundings, hotels, etc. There's a lot of animosity there towards U.S. citizens. It's the kind of place where you can get knife jacked, and stabbed in the gut "just because", even though you gave them your wallet.

Yes the women are sizzling, and us paunchy middle aged types have a chance because Latin women are attracted to male maturity and $$. Just watch out for her brothers.

Very dangerous place. Rampant crime. Idiotic government. Don't leave the hotel, especially at night. Don't use unknown taxi's.

Be careful with ATC as well. Their english is very poor and their procedures are weird too. I flew into Velensia last month and ATC kept clearing us to a VOR with no further clearance. We'd hit the VOR and ask where to go next. We finnally got cleard to the VOR that makes the arc to the ILS and were cleared for the approach. Problem is the VOR is not an iaf and there is no transition to the arc from the VOR. We ended up flying outbound on the radial that defines the start of the arc. Not exactly standard / legal / safe.

Anyway, hot chicks, weird ATC procedures, bad ATC english. Have fun.

Our airliner dispatcher refiled our route twice one flight out of CCS because of controller labor problems that made flying in some airspace difficult. After many attempts to get a full route read back with a reply "cleared as filed" we finally gave up. Taxiing out we tried with ground, tower and finally approach control with no results. Finally at the end of the runway I called approach one more time before going back to the gate what radial we should intercept outbound. When we finally called Miami Center which way they showed us filed 10 minutes prior to entering their airspace they said it was our original route, not either of the revised ones so we were only 150 miles east of our filed route. Next time I am going to have one of the Latino flight attendants come up and talk to them.

Latest resources

Back