Flying in India

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spg2bmd

Does anyone here have firsthand experience flying in India? Long term, short term, all experiences qualify. Looking at a contract over there of 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but I have heard a few bad stories and would like to get more info. Thanks!

PS. There are several bases, I only know that it would be flying the 737 for Air India.

Are you sure the company is Air India? I know they have an alter ego company and ALPA International put a recruitment ban on them. Not sure if it is still in effect.

india

There are lots of delays at the major airports, especially Mumbai due one runway, lots of pre take off communication and frequency changes. Some times the controllers are difficult to understand, but usually the Indian first officer or co-captain gets the info OK. Other than that it is pretty much normal, monsoon season right now, so lots of rain and build ups. Lots of expats flying over here.

CHeers

For what it is worth for anyone wanting to go ffly charter or corporate in India. I hope you have alot of time and money to wait for your visa, especially if you live in the Indian Embassy's area of responsibility. All visa handling for US citizens is handled by Travisa Outsourcing. I had a good contract to go to New Delhi to fly BE200s. I sent in all paperwork that was required of me and that had been provided to me by both the company I would be flying for and the recruiting company. I went round and round with the embassy and Travisa for many weeks before I had to ask for my passport back to rotate to Afghanistan for another job that came along while I was waiting. I am now out the $118. Don't know if the consulates are any different. Just my experience.

India

Sorry about you guys that are unhappy with the time it takes to get your visa. It all comes down to how bad the company wants you in India and how much pull they have. It took me 4 days and my passport was back in my possession from SFO with the Visa. Big companys have their inside people and connections, which is everything in India.

Better Luck Next Time

Cheers

visa should not be a problem. what takes long is the security check. 2-3 months..... thats everyone I know thats gone to India.

Latest resources

Back