Flt Ops benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetCapt69

We used to have a benefit through Raytheon for auto purchases, through Ford I think. Has anyone used this program?

yes, you get the "X" plan price. Invioce price for vehicle, invoice price for accessories, and no destination charge of any kind.

Thanks dime line. What action is necessary on my part at the dealership?

You need the X-plan number to give to the finance department at the dealership. I don't know the number but maybe someone will provide it to you via an PM or something.

the X-plan number is from Flight Options, it comes from somebody in the office with Bernice (payroll), then you go to the ford dealer and tell them, i want this car with these options and I need the "X-Plan" price. Go to Edmunds.com to find out the invoice price for the car and the accessories, so that you know what you will be paying. Remember you will pay no 399.00 dealer prep fee, no 800.00 dealer prep fee, and no other fees they feel like making up. Don't let them tell you other wise. You pay for Truck, Tax, Tag, and title that is it. On the dealer that i went to, they had a 399.00 dealer prep fee pre-printed on the dealership invoices that you will recieve, so after a few weeks I figured out that I had paid that ammount, so I got a refund for 399.00.

I used it last year and was amazed how easy it was. One tip, go through the commercial (fleet) sales office. I shopped the vehicle I wanted on the web site, took them the printout with the VIN and he turned his computer monitor around and said here is the invoice and the X plan price. No muss, no fuss.

Go to the pilots website and click on "Benefits Highlights". It will open a PDF file. Look for the Ford emblem - it will give you the partner code(don't want to post it here). Go to www.fordpartners.com, enter the code, and away you go.

It's a good program as long as your local dealers participate....not all dealers do.

"Remember you will pay no 399.00 dealer prep fee, no 800.00 dealer prep fee, and no other fees they feel like making up."

Dime- my dad is a ford dealer, and there aren't any "dealer prep fees", and they don't just make up prices like some people think.

The program has been succesful for Ford in general, although the dealers themselves have not been making a huge profit.

hey aviator.........just because your dad is a dealer doesn't mean that other Dealerships in different markets don't do different things. And by the way they do make up prices, ex, anything between invoice and MSRP is a made up price. The 399.00 fee is a published fee on the Dealers invoice, and for my area they also charge a destination fee of 800.00.

aviator4512..........."The program has been succesful for Ford in general, although the dealers themselves have not been making a huge profit"

Well again in my area the LearJet 55 that the Ford/Lincoln Mercury dealer owns looks really nice!

So again just because your dad doesn't do it, means nothing to me because they did charge me the 399.00. And I did get a check for that ammount. And they didn't charge the 800.00 destination fee.

Sounds like the only problem with this program is you have to buy a Ford. Everyone I know who's had one has had nothing but trouble with it.

Latest resources

Back