Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waka

Emasculating the Right
Did anyone notice that Mr. Scheeringa implied that owners were disserviced because of duty time and crew rest issues? This seems to be the attitude of upper mgt. Sorry guys, this is a crew issue as in we don't have enough. Duty time and rest are not hinderances to operations, it is an integral part of operations. His comments are very revealing.

Last edited:
And in his e-mail to the crackberries, he mentioned they pre-purchased over $2 million worth of charter. Coupled with that, Christmas and Thanksgiving last year, we have enough money to purchase two new Beechjets outright!! Or 1+ Hawkers! And hire a bunch more pilots. And a few more VPs. And give JS a raise.

These idiots would spend a dime to make a nickel.

waka said:
Did anyone notice that Mr. Scheeringa implied that owners were disserviced because of duty time and crew rest issues? This seems to be the attitude of upper mgt. Sorry guys, this is a crew issue as in we don't have enough. Duty time and rest are not a hinderance to operations, it is an intergal part of operations. His comments are very revealing.

waka,

This is part of the lube job we are getting to prepare us for what they are about to shove up our rear. Next week's message: "Gee, since we don't have eough coverage we are going to have guys work an extra 24 days a year. For the same pay, of course. Never mind that it is our fault that we failed to run this company properly or develop a good business plan. You, as a crewmember, are going to have to pay for it.":mad:

waka said:
Did anyone notice that Mr. Scheeringa implied that owners were disserviced because of duty time and crew rest issues? This seems to be the attitude of upper mgt. Sorry guys, this is a crew issue as in we don't have enough. Duty time and rest are not hinderances to operations, it is an integral part of operations. His comments are very revealing.

I'm not jumping in to defend Scheeringa, but maybe you are reading a little too much into the message. It seems to me he could be just stating fact, that unanticipated delays caused crew duty times to back up and have a ripple effect on the schedule, as is to be expected. I did not get the feeling he was trying to say that there was a problem with the duty/rest requirements (not that there is anything he can do about them). I do agree that this is a situation management is going to have to get used to until we have more flexibility (meaning more crews and aircraft).

leardawg said:
I'm not jumping in to defend Scheeringa, but maybe you are reading a little too much into the message. It seems to me he could be just stating fact, that unanticipated delays caused crew duty times to back up and have a ripple effect on the schedule, as is to be expected. I did not get the feeling he was trying to say that there was a problem with the duty/rest requirements (not that there is anything he can do about them). I do agree that this is a situation management is going to have to get used to until we have more flexibility (meaning more crews and aircraft).

leardawg,

I really don't think their solution is more crews. I would bet it would be to make the existing crews work more days for the same pay.

Sadly, you're probably right.

The telling thing is that they took down the number of uncrewed aircraft from the handdowns just a couple months ago. Now we can't get that info and the timing of the change is just too much of a coincidence. I would love to be able to see how many planes are sitting on ramps because of lack of crews on the days where they are wasting all that money on charters.

Latest resources

Back