FLOPS Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whiskey Tango said:
Do you guys find your own health care or is there some you can buy through the company and if so how much

See my above post. . .

But in answer to your question, the company supplies insurance through United Healthcare. Single coverage is fairly affordable at $31.07 per pay period ($745.68 /year). Family coverage is the same whether insuring you and your wife, or the two of you and 8 chitlins. That bumps it up to $71.68 per pay period ($1,720.32 /year).

Dental is through Met Life and is $3.47/$9.63 single/family.

Just curious, why do you care? I think FLOPS may be THE place to work in a couple years if we're still around. But we probably won't even be hiring till far into 2007. You using this info to hold over your current emplyer?

guido411 said:
See my above post. . .

Single coverage is fairly affordable at $31.07 per pay period ($745.68 /year). Family coverage is the same whether insuring you and your wife, or the two of you and 8 chitlins. That bumps it up to $71.68 per pay period ($1,720.32 /year).

Dental is through Met Life and is $3.47/$9.63 single/family.

Can you opt out of this insurance for more take home pay, or is it mandatory to take? I'm only asking because I'll be retired military and would probably stick with the TRICARE Prime they offer me at $460 per year for my whole family.

Thanks,

marinepilot

marinepilot said:
Can you opt out of this insurance for more take home pay, or is it mandatory to take? I'm only asking because I'll be retired military and would probably stick with the TRICARE Prime they offer me at $460 per year for my whole family.

Thanks,

marinepilot

Yes but I think it is only like 25 or 50 a month. I do not know the exact dollar amount but it is not much. You are not going to get rich from it.

GEXDriver said:
Yeah, that should fix everything.

Yeah...And being non-unionized for 8 years has really worked out for me and my brothers!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have some more KoolAide.

You must just be sweating losing your Snitch For Options elite pay status and CLE domicile pay.

Ticker said:
Yeah...And being non-unionized for 8 years has really worked out for me and my brothers!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And increasing operating expenses by creating a unionized work force at a company that is already losing money will insure it's longevity and your quality of life. That makes rational sense to you?

Ticker said:
Have some more KoolAide.

Ticker, clearly it's you that's intoxicated from over imbibing union Kool-Aid.

Ticker said:
You must just be sweating losing your Snitch For Options elite pay status and CLE domicile pay.

???

I've worked for the same Fortune 50 flight department for 20 years and last time I checked you guys didn't have any Globals, so what are you talking about?

GEXDriver said:
And increasing operating expenses by creating a unionized work force at a company that is already losing money will insure it's longevity and your quality of life. That makes rational sense to you?

I've worked for the same Fortune 50 flight department for 20 years and last time I checked you guys didn't have any Globals, so what are you talking about?

With all due respect GEXDriver, I do not think that you have any idea what the books are like at Options. Therefore, for you to say that they are already losing money is not something that you can say or even think with credibility, in my opinion. What do any of the companies that are in the aviation industry say when it comes to giving the employees raises? They all cry poor. I am talking about the company in the business of trying to make money with their product, not part 91 operators. Just look at NJ’s, they were crying poor but at the last minute “found” the money.

You say you have never worked at Options. So how would know what is going on at Options at all? Let me guess, the press? How do you know how they treat their pilots? You do not see how they waste money on a daily basis in CGF. We the people that work there see it and are living it, everyday we have to go to work.

So I guess when upper management uses the owner’s airplane for so called “admin” flights to go on vacation with their families that is ok and we are suppose to believe them that they do not have the money to give us a raise or even keep us in decent hotels. Meanwhile they are chartering a plane to take the owner on his vacation. That makes perfect business sense to me, NOT!!!! Remember we are in the business of selling shares in planes to people to fly them around not our new CEO that just got here because the other one got the boot.

Speaking of new CEO’s, we could get a new on today and he did not like the way things were run. Well they start cutting. Where do you think they start cutting? The crews, been there done that and we are tried of it. No more of that is going to happen. CEO’s come and go. One thing that will not change anymore is our QOL at the whim of some pinhead CEO. The only thing that can happen is that our QOL will get better from here. It may take time but it will not continue to spiral downhill anymore.

Again you said you have never worked at Options. Well we had some pretty good SOP’s written by our previous chief pilot. Well he saw the light and moved on to “greener” pastures. The day after he left there were 5 revisions to those SOP’s with a simple e-mail. Who do you think those revisions benefited, the company. So when they (management) get a bug in their butt and send out a simple e-mail stating they are going to make changes to whatever they feel like that day. They can not do that anymore and I feel better about it today. That is just one example of the e-mails that come from our management.

I can say I envy you for the job you have. I myself am trying to get out and get a job like yours soon. In the mean time I want to improve this place and bringing the IBT in was the only way that the majority of us thought that was possible.

I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but when you chime in on something you have no idea about, that crosses the line.

This Sir makes rational sense to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back