FLOPS and fleet types - no more GIV?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I was just perusing the Flight Options website and I noticed that the GIV was no longer included in the fleet information section. I believe FLOPS had 3-4 GIVs at one time... In fact, I met a FLOPS GIV pilot on the road and he was very happy with the GIV. A few questions:

1. Is the GIV still included in the fleet?

2. With the stated intention by the new CEO of reducing fleet types, what do you think will be the ultimate fleet - which types will be included in the future? Will the Challenger 601 be the largest fleet type

3. How is the Citation X fleet selling - do the FLOPS pilots who fly them enjoy the Citation X? Impressions of the aircraft?

A lot of changes in the air....

Thanks

GIV

1. Yes the GIV is still in the fleet. I don't know what the status is of any new shares being sold.

2. No word official word from the new CEO on changes to the fleet that I have heard. He did state in his weekly message that within the next 60 days we will be getting around 11 more aircraft, both new and preowned.

3. I really don't know much about the X program other then they are here, and shares have been sold in the program.

Yes we still have the GIV's and the Falcon 50 which also is not listed on the website, from what I have heard, the new CEO is looking at replacing the old GIV's and DA-50 with new ones, the reason they are not listed on the website is because they are looking at various models and won't list anything on the web site untill they have fleet types that they plan on buying, it seems that people that can afford a GIV seem to want a new one, so he is looking at new models like the GV, since there are many on the market due to the GV-SP(G550) out, so many have traded in the GV for a newer SP model which means that we can grab those, other than that can't tell you much more

Typed and current in the 650

I am typed in the c650 and current. Do you guys a OPS think that I could be used in the company? I am curious if I am marketable there?

Apply

You can now apply to Flight Options online at their website www.flightoptions.com. Go the the contact us page and select careers. Submit your resume. If you are already typed in one of their fleet aircraft, it certainly won't hurt your chances of employment.

Latest resources

Back