FlightOptions Pay Rates:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

767-300ER

I added FlightOptions to www.airlinepilotpay.com tonight...

I'll be adding NetJets shortly; still needing Flexjet figures and whatever other fractionals I don't know about!

Make sure you put the number of days worked per month. It varies a bit from fractional to fractional. Or you could post the daily rate which would be a bit more accurate.

Are the number of days worked per month fixed at each of the Frax's? And does it vary that much between them?

767-300ER said:
Are the number of days worked per month fixed at each of the Frax's? And does it vary that much between them?
It's pretty significant at NetJets. Standard Base Pay is based on the NORMAL SCHEDULE where a pilot is available to work 17 days per month. This is a schedule where the pilot can request certain days off and then receive his/her hard schedule on 15th day of the month before the schedule takes place.

The second schedule is called the ALTERNATIVE "FLEX" SCHEDULE. The Pilot is required to be available to work 19 days per month. The whole idea is being flexible with one's schedule to assist the company in utilizing pilots during periods of peak demand. The Pilot can have limited control over his/her schedule by submitting a month in advance a request for FOUR (4) "Hard" days off the following months schedule. The company is required to get you back home for these "Hard" days off. One has to bid the Flex Schedule per Quarter. If the pilot is PIC, he/she will get $2500 per quarter, spread out evenly over each bi-weekly pay check, extra in addition to the normal salary, regardless of years of service. I don't recall what the rate is for a First Officer, however it is less. If a pilot volunteers to work beyond the required 19 days per month, they will receive a daily rate of 1.5 times the Alternative Daily rate per day over 19. Also, if any of the "Hard" days were worked due to volunteering or involunatarily working and the pilot works 20 or more days, they will receive the 1.5 times the daily rate for each "Hard" day in addition to any day over 19. For example, if a pilot works 3 of the 4 "Hard" days but only works 19 days that month, NO extra pay beyond the Alternative Schedule rate. But if the pilot works that twentieth day, they will now get 1.5 times the daily rate for day 20 and each "Hard" day worked.

Hope this helps.

P.S. NetJets matches a pilots 401K at 50% of that contributed to the fund by the pilot up to the federal maximum contribution.

Last edited:

P.S. NetJets matches a pilots 401K at 50% of that contributed to the fund by the pilot up to the federal maximum contribution.

So, if you contribute the $13,000 max for 2004 then Netjets will deposit $6500 additionally?

Not bad.

Griz said:
For most of us...no. They limit contributions to 15% of your pay and then match 50% of that. Last W2 I checked, I wasn't making anywhere near enough to contribute $13,000.
This is correct. The only good thing that I can say about Santulli is this. He is only obligated to match 17 percent but has realized we are so underpaid that he has for the last several years matched 50 percent. You only realize this maximum when your making enough that 15 percent max's you out. That has to be past year 9 or 10, at our current rates.

Honestly, this Richard is trying to keep us broke enough that we volunteer to extend so that he doesn't have to hire any extra pilots and when then after a couple of years of poverty you realize that any job is going to pay more than here. Oh yeah, it takes 7 years to be fully vested. Years ago he told us pilots that he doesn't want us to be here beyond a couple of years. He said it costs him too much and someone thats been here only a couple of years could perform the same job of a multi year captain at much less cost.

Flight Options matches 100% of your 401K contribution up to 4% of your salary.

I do believe that the law only lets you put in $13000 a year into a qualified 401k plan. That includes the match from your company. If you want to put more away you can put money in a traditional or a roth ira.

Bandit60 said:
I do believe that the law only lets you put in $13000 a year into a qualified 401k plan. That includes the match from your company. If you want to put more away you can put money in a traditional or a roth ira.

That's wrong. The $13,000 limit is only the employee's contribution. Any employer match can be above that.

The limit goes up to $14,000 for next year.

Latest resources

Back