• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flight time last 6 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very unlikely considering all the other applicants out there who won't need to brush up on their skillz on the company's dime.

cargojunkie said:
can you get hired with 0 time in the last six months if you have 400 to 500 in the last 12 months?

Depends on what type of job you are applying for, most regionals want some time in the previous 6 monts and a current flying job. Many others that I've seen don't care. So the answer would be yes! you can get hired with no time in the last six monts.

Not all companies are the same.
Sometimes pilots fall on hard times and either get furloughed or laid off through no fault of their own. A decent airline/company recognizes that and would look at other factors. If there is anything else in your background that would mitigate zero in the past 6 months, and override any short fall in recency, then I would mention that.
It also depends on supply and demand. You might have to work a little harder and I would concentrate on those companies rather than those who stick rigidly to the "minimum requirements". After all, min requirements are just a tool for HR to sort applicants. They do not necessarily tell a company you are the ace of the base nor that you will be a good employee.
I once had not flown a jet for about 3 years but was typed with previous experience. Guess what? I got hired, spent minimal time training and was thrown out onto the line in the middle of winter, mostly night flying and did just fine. But that was me......:D !!!

Latest resources

Back