• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Physical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you talking about your FAA class I? If so, no. A civilian AME gives you that independent of a navy flight physical.

Now, there used to be a fair number of Navy flight surgeons that got AME quals and would sign off an FAA class I in conjunction with your normal annual Navy flight physical but I haven't run into any lately. I think the FAA must have become too burdensome in their regulations for military docs or maybe too few docs and too many pilots wanting to get FAA physicals so not many seem to do it anymore.

Now if you are talking about some kind of USAF flight physical thing, can't help you. I'm pretty sure that for a navy flight physical it would have to be bottom lined by a flight surgeon but beyond that, do not know.

the FC1 is done at the base usually by the flight surgeon. then your paper work is sent to where ever the surgeon general of the air force is. he/she then has to okay it, before you get a class date, if that is your situation.

chaw-
Your FC1 has to make its way around the base you took it at collecting signatures from various doctors and flight surgeon, this can take several weeks. It then has to be sent to Randolph and certified by the surgeon general, this can take several months.

If you are applying for a Pilot slot, then your FC1 will go to the AETC/SG to get approved for flying duty. After it is approved or before ( I don’t know the exact order) it is sent to the SG of the branch that you are going to join. I believe it also has to be sent and approved to the MAJCOM of the specific base were you took your physical.

Let me get into detail a little. My recruiter said I could get an FC1 at the local MEPS. I was a little skeptical, but went anyways. I ended up taking a full physical for enlistment. My guess is that basically I got everything except for an EKG/ECG, Opthalmological exam, and Dental exam. I called the MEPS afterwards and asked if they could do a Class 1 Flight physical and the officer who runs the exams didn't know what I was talking about. I got into a little more detail and she said I could get the Opthalmological exam and the EKG/ECG at MEPS, but no dental exam. She said if the examination needed to be signed off by a flight surgeon, I was out of luck with MEPS because they don't have one there.

I don't have any aversion to going back to MEPS if it will allow progress to be made. I also don't want to lose another days wages f*cking around the d@mned MEPS.

Oh yeah. My recruiter claims that the physical I took WAS an FC1 and that I shouldn't need any more examinations. She seems reluctant to send me to get a real FC1 at a flying squadron.

Bottom Line.......GET A NEW RECRUITER!!!

You did not take a FC1, The physical @ meps is for screening officers before active duty selection.

Chaw-
You need to call your recruiter and tell her to schedule you for an FC1 at the nearest base. If she refuses, ask for her supervisors #. Simply call her supervisor and say you need to schedule one, and that the recruiter refuses. You should get yourself a new recruiter because the process only gets more complicated from here on. It sounds like you're being too nice with her, your gonna need to be an a$$hole to get anything done. I had very similar circumstances with my recruiter and after a couple of his f$ckups I would just call him and tell him what he needed to do and how to do it. If I had to do it over I would've called around and found a recruiter who had experience doing SUPT applications and switched at the beginning.

Latest resources

Back