• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options' new paint scheme?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did not know we had a new paint scheme. They tried to put some colors like the Travel Air planes. That did not work though because they used some kind of stickers for the stripes. I heard that the Feds made them take them off because they were not sticking good enough. So now we have some just white aircraft out there right now.

Flight Options decals

Flight Options decided to outfit all of their newly delivered planes with the Raytheon decals. The base paint is a brighter white than the old scheme.

Last year, there was talk of a name change, due to some litigation with the former CEO, who apparently owns the rights to the Flight Options name and paint scheme.

Anyway, Raytheon was accompanying an 800XP to the paint facility where decals were being placed on these aircraft (Little Rock I think). One of the RTN employees witnessed a paint shop employee placing these decals on the airplane. He was using the decals and trimming them with a straight razor blade. Well, low and behold, he was cutting right into the paint, the metal and the pressure bulk head. After a few tense moments and some screaming and yelling, all the aircraft with these decals where grounded for further inspection.

Many of the grounded aircraft had deep gouges from the razor blades. The decals were removed and the paint & metal repaired as required. The aircraft have been returned to service but some have no decals or pin stripping yet.

The FAA was not instrumental in the removal of the decals. They were removed for inspection. The decals actually worked really well and are a great high speed tape. The weight is less than paint (look at American Airlines) and it is easier to repair when damaged.

I am partial to the old paint scheme. I think it looks better.

Re: Flight Options decals

JetCapt69 said:
I am partial to the old paint scheme. I think it looks better.

I hope you are not talking about the green and tan trailer park paint scheme. That needs to go bye-bye quickly. Just like our nice ties we had.

See I was told that the decals were peeling off. So the FAA made us take them off. You know aviation one big rumor.

Re: Re: Flight Options decals

Dep676 said:
I hope you are not talking about the green and tan trailer park paint scheme.

Good God I am glad we got rid of those ties. The original FO's paint scheme (in my opinion) looks better than the generic raytheon company paint scheme.

I do like the brighter white look of the new aircraft, but would like to see a completely new paint design, maybe something with playboy bunnies & beck's beer.

What do you think?

flex

Happened to see a new flex 300 and lear with the new livery in pbi.
outstanding imho, looks great

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back