Flight Option's Gateways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RadarVector

I've been searching the internet for more detailed information on Flight Options than what is posted on their website. Does anyone have a good reference source? Specifically, I 've been trying to to determine where their bases/gateways are.

Has nothing to do with unions.

Lets not beat that horse anymore, its just the company policy on travel.

You can fly out of just about any airport that has 3 airlines and six flight a day. You don't even necessarily have to live where your declared domicile is as long as you are available to fly out of there on the first day of duty. This really only becomes an issue for some pilots who declare CLE for their domicile to get the 450 dollar a month bonus (which is no longer being awarded for new hires or transfers BTW). They live somewhere else and can even fly in and out of there to where ever the plane is. It only bites them in the butt on the rare occasions where their plane is starting in Cleveland when they have to get themselves to work the first day themselves, or when the plane ends the trip there, where they will probably have to rent a car or buy a ticket to get home. Since the new maintenance contract opened up all the Raytheon maintenance bases though, the amount of maintenance in Cleveland has gone down alot.

As a convenience/benefit you can also choose to fly in/out of any qualifying airport in the 48 states. All you are supposed to do is give dispatch 48 hours notice and they will fly you wherever you want to go. So if you live in Chicago for example and want to visit your parents in Miami for your week off, just let FO know and they will airline you to Miami on your last flight and start your tour there for your next one. It doesn't matter if the ticket to Miami would be more expensive than the one to chicago, as long as you give them the heads up they won't even question it.

What tends to happen is that you do end up flying to and from some of the bigger maintenance bases more often that other airports. For me that has meant picking up a plane in Denver and Dallas and flying home from McClellan, CA and Teterboro more often than from any of the many other airports I've gone to (I've only gone to Cleveland to pick up a plane twice and have never ended a tour there).

Is it,

Memory isn't what it ever was. I wasn't elligible when I came on, they had already ended it for new hires. Still grandfathered though.

Is Flight options hiring right now, and if not does anbody know when they expect to.

Thanks

there was a class of 11 newhires on 2/16/04

Latest resources

Back