Flight Options Citation Programs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Did I read in another post that Flight Options in the future was considering dropping all of the Citation aircraft including the CitationJet, Citation II, Citation V, Citation III and the Citation X? I know the future is a bit cloudy at FLOPS at the moment but that wouldn't make a lot of sense in my humble opinion with regard to the CitationJet and the Citation X. Sure, the II, V and III are a bit old and might compete with Raytheon products like the 400A and the XP, but the little CitationJet and the X are very popular models I have heard. The Citationjet is a great entry aircraft and probably very good from a cross-sell standpoint (e.g., start them off in the CitationJet and then move them to a larger aircraft). I have heard that the X is very popular as well with passengers - it obviously sells well at NJA.

So, is this rumor likely or is it just another unfounded rumor? Does it make much sense from a fleet planning perspective? Good luck to the Flight Options people out there - I know it's difficult to predict anything at this point...

P.S. I parked next to a FLOPS Citation V at Addison a few days back. How many do you fly? Looked like a nice airplane.

Last edited:
Flight Options is only going to operate 4 fleet types.

Hawker 400XP (Beechjet)
Hawker 800XP
Citation X
Legacy

Heavy Set said:
So, is this rumor likely or is it just another unfounded rumor? Does it make much sense from a fleet planning perspective? Good luck to the Flight Options people out there - I know it's difficult to predict anything at this point...

P.S. I parked next to a FLOPS Citation V at Addison a few days back. How many do you fly? Looked like a nice airplane.

Well not a lot happens at Options that makes sense. Management doesn't use any common sense. Never has and never will.

minimums said:
Flight Options is only going to operate 4 fleet types.

Hawker 400XP (Beechjet)
Hawker 800XP
Citation X
Legacy

Wow! That's pretty drastic... Will all of these aircraft (besides the X) be new aircraft? Any timelines proposed yet for the transition? I imagine that it will take some time with current owners of other aircraft having to either change over or drop their shares if possible. I still think FLOPS needs an aircraft like the CitationJet with a smaller price point - clearly there are more people who can afford the smaller price point than the more expensive aircraft shares (Citationshares offers the CJ1). I am betting that the GIV, F50 and 601 pilots are not too happy - although the Legacy appears to be a nice aircraft.

Probably just procure 12,000 hr EMB airframes from regionals, you know, so we can offset the cost of concierge training.

Latest resources

Back