Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
Funny guy :)

I use the Echo-Six-Bravo quite efficiently at the moment. :) But at the moment i also have to carry a calculator with me to do W/B and other stupid calculations that take up some time. An Electronic one makes it a lot easier and quicker .... :p

btw R-B-F - most flightcomputers can be used on knowledge tests ... its just a advertising gimmick they throw in there

E6b from sportys has lasted me for a while, most people i know are swiching from manual to electronic. Save yourself the hassle and jsut get the electronic one.

yes.. but the question is which one.

I don't mind paying a few more bucks if i get a lot more features. So which one's the most useful?

Have a sportys electronic one.........been stashed in an old flight bag in the closet for probably 8 years or so.

The electrinic ones are good for written tests, but in the end, your electronic one will probably end up where 99.9% of all pro pilots electronic ones end up.....stashed in a closet in a forgotten sportys or ASA flight bag. A good quality metal E6B is always there, can't be easily squashed by ops manuals, and never needs batteries.

However, of the electronic ones I have used, I like sportys the best. Of course since I haven't touched it in 8 years or so......my information is probably out of date. I have no idea what is on the market nowadays!:confused:

100LL... Again! said:
Whiz wheel.

Electronic calculators are waste of money.
Gotta agree. I bought one when they first came out and used it on two knowledge tests (they hadn't been computerized yet). Other than that, they sat in my flight bag unused. Then I got a Palm Pilot and got some freeware that does all of the =real= calculations I'll ever need (even includes a full national database) and sold the E6B online.

Folks who say they can do an enroute calculation on the manual E6B faster than an electronic one aside (I'd like to see it except for time-speed-distance calcs), IMO, the wind side of the manual one provides a better learning experience.

And, for the knowledge test, the computerized ones =give= you an flight calculator.

I bought an electric flight computer when I was a student and thought it was easier than a wiz wheel, mostly because I was intimidated by the wheel. When I became an instructor and had to teach a student how to use the wheel I realized how much easier the wheel is. It's faster to compute and the batteries never die. Get a wiz wheel.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back