Flight bags at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flex

Question...coming from 121 ops, curious as to what flight bags, if any, guys use on line. Going to Excel. What do you guys bring up there besides the headsets? Are manuals in your bag in the back, or up front?

Get a descent softside briefcase/computer case of some sort. The "airline" style flight bag doesn't fit very well at all. The softside also is easier to carry on when you airline, it is more apt to fit under your seat. You dont need to carry near the amount of manuals, jepps etc that you do at the airlines. Most everything you will need is stocked on the individual airplane. I hope this helps

I am in the Hawker 800XP--the most luggage challenged airplane in the fleet-I take a travel pro roller bag and a soft sided bag-that holds quite a bit-including my road book-which has forms and other misc items. The NetJets Pilot Shop at the main HQ on bridgeway sells the soft sided bags-I would suggest buying one there-they go well with a decent roller bag.
Fly Safe
Chuck

don't worry about a good roller back. Head on down to bloomies and get yourself a 50 dollar bag like mine. It's the size of a steamer trunk and it just won't die.

I included a pic.

Oh i use a computer bag but i'm in the ultra and it fits behind the crew seat.

Where do you guys put your Jepps? Do you have Jepps? How does a company which can fly into 5000 different airports supply its pilots with the right charts for the flight?

Please tell me they issue you a laptop.

each a/c has it's own set of jepps. you're responsible for updating them from updates stockpiled at various locations around the us.

think that's work? try the bbj - we have a full world set to do!

and the flight bag? on the bbj we don't even have room for them - the normal storage space beside your seat is full of jepps, under the jumpseat has 16 jepp books, another bunch in the "crew rest" area.

get a decent soft side "briefcase" type thing from staples/office max or wherever. you don't need to bring jepps or manuals - just your paperwork, personal items, etc.

Every Jepp chart known to man is carried on board(or just about every one)-in the Hawker the main charts are underneath the floor between the two pilot seats-and Can and Latin America are kept in a closet in the back. We don't go to Hawaii or Europe in the Hawker so we don't carry them.
We update them via the Jepp Q service.
They have talked about going to a Jepp View type of system-with two hand helds-that would be nice.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Latest resources

Back